Chapter 23

"Y/n."
.
.
.
.
"Don't do this. You know it's dangerous out there!" America said as he tried to follow me outside. "...
I think this will help me out a lot. If this was my last day being free, then maybe I should use it to find Phil." I said as I ran outside, looking around.

He ran outside as well, and grabbed my wrist. I looked back, and tried pulling myself away. "What are you-!?"

"Phil wouldn't like how you're acting. It's only been a few hours since he was lost. Maybe you shouldn't do this-"

I quickly shook my head as I held his hand, desperately trying to remove his grasp on my wrist, but, it didn't work. "Y/n. Y/n! Listen to me for one fu(shhh)ing second!" Then, I stopped. "I'm sorry America. I'm just, really.." I said as my hand fell onto my side.

"I want to go with you so we could both find Phil." He said as he finally let go of me. I smiled. He went ahead, and I followed him. We looked almost everywhere. After, we sat on a bench. It was nighttime now. The light kept us warm. I curled up into a ball, dissapointed since we didn't find him.

"I wanna say it's okay, but goddamn it, that's so so hard to say." America said as he kicked the trash can. "America.." I said, my voice barely audible. He probably didn't hear it, since he didn't look at me. I sighed. I curled up into a ball, and just closed my eyes. Then, I thought of a place.

"America! I thought of something!" I said, as I jumped out of the bench. He was startled, but he didn't do anything about it. I started running, and he followed. "Where are we going?" He said, trying to catch up. "The border." I said, as I ran faster, seeing specks of light in front of me.

Then, I stopped. I looked around, and there I was. I was shocked. I couldn't move. America catched up, but he wasn't finished. He catched up with his breath for a while, and eventually looked where I was looking. He was traumatized. He quickly approached the bloody Phil, and checked any signs of conciousness.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Y/n.
.
.
.
.
Y/n.
.
.
.
.
"Y/N! ARE YOU FU(shhH)ING DEAF!? HELP ME!" America cried out, and I quickly aided him. After that, we were in the hospital, and we were just sitting on the chairs outside Phil's room. The cold metal really helped me calm down. Thanks. The fact that we've been here for what seemed like hours is making me feel so peaceful. Thanks. I looked down, and played with my hair. Why was I here again?

I was just a miserable girl, living in an apartment, working in a flower shop. I was often fooled and manipulated. And I thought I had the worst life. Technically, I'm not even sure anymore. Was it really the worst life? Or was it just a few stepping stones I needed to get on so I could be here?

Why am I thinking like this? It's weird. Then, I heard the sound of a door opening. I raised my head, and I started getting nervous. America stood up, and talked to the doctor. I was nervous in my place. I could barely look at the two. Their conversation seemed like a blur to me. I couldn't even see anything through my blurry, teary eyes.

The two eventually stopped talking with each other, and America held my shoulder.
.
.
.
.
"He's fine. For now."
.
.
.
I couldn't accept that. I WANTED him to be fine. I don't want a for now in that sentence. I stood up, and looked down. "Can we visit him?" I said, as I held my arm, in nervousness. "We can visit him later in the morning." America said, as he took his hand off me. "I can always stay here to look after him." I said, trying to make him see that I was determined to take care of the country.

He sighed. "I guess so. I'll just tell Dad about this. I'm happy he didn't die. If he did, what would happen to his people? To his country?" I shrugged. "Maybe you should go home, for now." I said as I went closer to the door. "Yeah, I probably should." The American said as he stretched his arms. He looked back at me, and waved his hand. "Bye." He casually said, and went off.

I sighed, and went inside the room. It was cold. Phil was sleeping peacefully. I wish I could be as peaceful as him. I sat down on a vacant chair next to him, and just tried smiling. "I'm glad you're fine." I said, as I put some strands of my hair behind my ear. "Me, Malaysia, and America had to look around almost the whole place for you, you little sucker."

I continued, saying it in a playful way. "You're really loved. That, I have to admit." I said, as I crossed my arms "I bet tomorrow, you'll wake up. But, the question is, will I be there to be the one who wakes you up? Now that I think about it, what I said was super depressing. And you look pretty depressed right now, so maybe I should stop." I said, as I looked around the room, and looked back at him.

Then, my eyes started tearing up. "Why did you have to do this? Why did you have to protect me? Maybe you wouldn't have ended up like this if you didn't protect me. You probably can't even hear me. This just feels stupid now. If you go now, you probably won't be able to keep your country safe." I said, as I playfully glared at him. I kept my posture, while I was seated. "Hey, can I ask you something? That is, if you can hear me of course."
.
.
.
.
.
.
"If you love me, why leave me?"

end.