Chapter 3

Charlotte eventually finished ordering
the food, and went to where I was sitting. She looked tired, and no doubt she was. It was quite a long line after all. But, she didn't seem to mind.

"Wow, you got a nice seat!" She said, while sitting down in front of me. The seats were cold, and so was the room. The voices of children happily playing and laughing in the background, the seemingly never-ending chatters of people. All those were blocked out from my mind, as I thought about the words that kept on resonating within my head.

Oh! I'm talking to my friend, Y/n!
.
.
.
.
.
.
Y/n?
.
.
.
.
.
Hey!
.
.
.
.
.
"Y/n!" Charlotte exclaimed. "Huh?" I said, in reply. My mind snapped back, and I was taken aback from the slight shock my manager sent me. "Are you... alright?" She asked, leaning a bit close to me. She squinted her eyes. I couldn't really tell if she was looking into my eyes or a pimple on my forehead.

Because of that thought, I quickly covered my forehead, and looked away, a bit of blush and warmth on my face. Charlotte laughed, and leaned on her seat, crossing her arms, and legs. Her hair was shiny black, her eyes were vividly blue, her skin looked so nice. I stared at her for quite a while, thinking stuff like,

I could never be as perfect as her.

I played with my h/l, h/c hair, thinking it felt quite dry, I looked outside the window, and saw myself, staring at my reflection, those dull e/c eyes, looking deep into my soul. Her s/c looking so..rough. I sighed, and looked away, to see Charlotte, looking at me with sympathetic eyes.

I looked down, and stopped playing with my hair. My hands were clenched. It felt like I couldn't bear the fact that I looked like this. Then, Charlotte said, "You're a really beautiful lady. You know that, right?"
I looked up, my eyes widening.
"You're degrading yourself. I can see it in your eyes. You remind me..of me." I was...overwhelmed.

I didn't know what to feel, but I could feel my eyes drooping. "What do you...mean?" I mumbled out. Charlotte chuckled. "I remember degrading myself a lot when I was in college, just because I looked like this. I always thought, 'I lost the genetic lottery'. I mean..it was quite obvious because...no one had a crush on me, so...I always degraded myself for that."

She shrugged and looked up, smiling. The waiter had arrived with our order, but I didn't even take one look at it. I was focused on Charlotte. On my manager. Who cursed at me, every time I was framed. Who called me out for every little mistake I did. And now, we're here, talking in McDonald's.

What is this weird feeling?

"Eat up!" Charlotte said, as she took a BIG bite of her burger. She looked at me, still smiling. A few specks of food on her face and all. I smiled, and happily ate my chicken with her.
(Is this even mcdonalds-)

I eventually finished my chicken, and I wanted to go to the bathroom. So, I stood up and said, "Excuse me." My face looking at Charlotte. She nodded, and I rushed to the comfort room. I took my time, and went to wash my hands. I opened the door, to greet...Phil, wiping his hands with tissue. He noticed me, and his face quickly lit up.

"Y/n!"

He said, his infectious smile meeting my blank face again. He waved his hand, and I smiled, waving my hand. He turned his body, facing mine. "I saw you in the line! Who were you with?" He asked. "I was with my manager, Charlotte. She treated me some food. Who were you with?" I answered. "That's great! I'm with my friend, America! I call him Ame for short."

I nodded my head slightly. "I see." He nodded back at me. We both looked at each other for a while. Awkwardness surging between the both of us. It was exactly like last time! "So...did you enjoy your time here?" He asked. I quickly answered, "Y-Yeah! I did!" He chuckled. "I see. What did you order?" I looked at him, and the both of us answered "Chicken." We both giggled, and looked at each other again, but this time, we were smiling genuinely.

"I should go now." He said, throwing the tissue into the bin, and pointing outside. I also pointed outside, saying "M-Me too." We both put our hands down, and went out smiling.

I arrived at me and Charlotte's seat. Charlotte looked at me, as I walked my way back to my seat. I sat down, and started looking through my bag. I quickly heard her say, "Who was that?" My head turned to her direction fast. My eyes looked at her, as if she was crazy. "He's...my neighbour."I mumbled, slowly looking down again, and going through my bag.

I found some spray-on alcohol, and sprayed it on my hands. I rubbed then together, and put it back into my bag. I looked back at Charlotte, to see her smiling at me. "Do you...like him?" I looked at her weirdly again, and just smiled. "I only met him for two days. It's impossible for me to already like him." I shrugged it off. But, my suffering was not over yet. Charlotte once again stated, "They say, it only takes us a fifth of a second to fall for someone. I doubt you and your words, Y/n.~"

I smiled, and once again, shrugged it off. I really never felt anything for him. He was just a neighbour of mine. And a friend. "Whatever you say." I said in reply. It wasn't long before the two of us left, and eventually parted ways. I safely reached my apartment, and quickly went to bed after. I thought to myself,

What goes on in someone's head when they like someone?

•Small Author's Note•
Hey! Thanks for the 67 reads! Like, it's been only a few days since it was 37 like how-

Anyways, thanks for being able to wait for this chapter! I'll still be quite busy though so updates will still be slow. Anyways, thanks again! Have a good night/day!