Chapter Six: A Dangerous Welcome

My dreams were dreamless; I don't remember seeing anything. But I woke up with a strange feeling, the one you get when you're nervous, anxious. I opened my eyes to see what was the matter, but everything looked fine.

Natsuki and Yuri were still asleep, and Sayori snored beside me quietly. I begin to get curious on what the outside looks like now. How long has it been?

I move over closer to Sayori, and peer over her and look into the window. That's strange.. It looks like we haven't left the train station, or the platform we waited on. But I knew we were moving.

Our cart must've been near the front because I was able to see what was in front of the train, and where it was going. And where it was going horrifies me. It's going to crash into the wall!

The train tracks ended as soon as the stone wall came into contact. That wall could crush the train, it could crush us!

"Monika..?" The tired voice of Yuri makes me snap my head back. "What's wrong?"

"Look outside." I demand, and Yuri peers over Natsuki to look out the large window, craning her head backwards. "We're going to run into the wall."

"What?!" Natsuki shouts in surprise, now awake. She shoves Yuri back into her own seat, and glares rapidly outside.

Her yelling had awoken Sayori, who rubbed her eyes and lifted her head off the window. "What's going on?" She asked tiredly, yawning.

"This whole train if going to crash!" Natsuki growls, pointing outside the window. Stunned and still slightly tired, Sayori glances out the window beside her.

Her drowsiness is immediately gone as she pulls back, her eyes wide. "Oh my gosh! Why is it going towards the wall? Why did we pick one of the closest carts? Where is the driver?"

I frown, slightly nervous myself. "Sayori, calm down-"

"Calm down?" Her scared eyes glance at me, her voice slightly harsh. She's scared. "When we hit that wall, we will explode, or be smushed into pieces! The driver will die, if there was one, and we will die, and everyone else on this train will die, and- Oh no, what if this was a setup?"

Before any of us can say anything, Sayori continues ranting. "I can't believe this was a setup! They're killing so many smart people right now! This is horrible, horrific, altra-horrible, Yuri, what's another word for horrible?"

"Um," A soft smile appeared on her face. Was she amused? "You could use horrendous?"

"Horrendous!" Sayori exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air to show how devastated she was.

"Okay, calm down." I say, sighing. "We know this is the right train, I think, and there must be more people in this train. We just need to stay calm."

"I say we jump!" Natsuki crosses her arms.

"From where?" Yuri asked, and the pinkette drew a blank look.

"Never mind." She mumbles, slightly embarrassed.

Suddenly, black seatbelts appeared beside us and onto our chairs. I nearly jump in surprise. The speaker goes off, and what I hope is the driver of this train speaks.

"Okay students, we are entering the Realm of Majikku." A male voice speaks; he sounds bored out of his mind. "Please put on your seatbelts and stay seated."

How can he sound so dead when we're about to crash into a wall? Are they even paying attention?

"If we go down," I speak, gripping onto my seatbelt and lifting it over me, "We go down together."