Chapter Thirty-One: Dreaming

But this was a strange dream. Not because I was in a void, with my friends, but because I could think. Properly make sentences in my mind, and know full well I was dreaming.

I looked around, noticing the others doing the same. They're dream versions of the girls..

Why? What am I dreaming about? Can I control it?

Natsuki crosses her arms and smirks. "Guess I can't ever escape you three, huh?"

Slightly taken aback that I heard her voice in my dream, I smile and reply, "Very funny."

"Ooh~ I wonder if I can control the dream!" Sayori exclaims, smiling widely.

"Only the person who is dreaming can control the dream you dummy." Natsuki explained. "Which would be me."

What? I'm the one having the dream, right?

"What, no, I am!" Sayori whined, her blue eyes wide.

"No, I am!"

"No, I am!"

While the two girls are going at it, Yuri walks over to me, like walking on a flat surface. I turn to face her. "Are we all dreaming the same dream?"

"That would be strange," Yuri mentions. "But I think we're all in the same dream. At the same time."

"How?" I ask. "That should be impossible!"

"Magic?" Yuri hesitantly asked. Before any of these experiences, I would probably have laughed at her, but it kind of makes sense.

But what was the magic and who did it?

"Guys," I call out, and the two younger girls stopped to turn at me. "We're all in control of the dream."

"What?" Sayori gasped. "Can that happen?"

I shrug. "I guess." I then glance at Natsuki. "Natsuki, can you create a small flame, just to give us light?"

Natsuki smiles in excitement, and holds out her hands. "I'll try." She says.

Furrowing her eye brows in concentration, she stares at her palms. The void is silent until a spark flickers on Natsuki's right palm, a flame soon growing on her skin.

I flinch, knowing that she should get hurt because of it. It looks so dangerously close, and I'm thankful that her skin isn't burning.

But the light or heat it produced is nothing, it's like the void is eating it up, the light having nothing to bounce off of and spread, and so the flame was useless.

That was until another flame was heard flickering off into our left. I spun around, noticing a silhouette of a small female holding out one of her hands, a dark purple and blue flame gently resting on the hand.

"What the heck?" Natsuki whispered, watching the silhouette and her purple flame.

"Hey!" Sayori waves her arms in the air and shouted. "Ma'am! Or, sir, hello!"

But the silhouette didn't move. It remained still, its fire flickering. In a swift movement, the silhouette moved its hand down, and the fire it made dissolved into nothing.

I wasn't sure what to do, and neither did the three others. But then, more came, joining the first silhouette from the shadowy void.

All looked like they were female. All we're taller then the first one, and stood beside it in a line, their faces starring at us. But they didn't have faces, or skin. They were just pure black, strange shadow creatures.