Chapter Thirty-Seven: Feathered Wings Of Jealously

Sayori's eyes widened with joy as I smiled in appreciation.

"Thank you so much!" Sayori squealed happily.

The headmistress rolled her eyes coldly. "Yeah yeah. Just don't mess up my classrooms."

"You got it!" Sayori responded, standing up happily.

"Thank you." I add, a little more calmly. Though, I can't help but feel excited too.

We can really have classes!

"You will be starting your classes tomorrow." The headmistress explains. "They will be the same ones that you had before."

We thank her, bow in respect and leave.

"Yes!" Sayori chirps. "I can't believe we did it!"

"Looks likes we're not getting killed." Natsuki responds, grinning.

"For now." Yuri adds, making Sayori shake her shivers off.

"Well, who's up for a run?" I ask, smiling excitedly.

Natsuki groans. "I'm tired!"

"Come on, it won't be that bad." Yuri says calmly, smiling in amusement.

I laugh. "I'll go easy on you."

Begrudgingly, Natsuki walks to the entrance of the school, and I smile happily.

The four of us make our way outside, and are about to run over to the forest until I am blinded by my hair suddenly pelting me in the face.

I stumble to the side, feeling Sayori trip into me as a strong wind hits us all. After moving my ponytail back, I notice Natsuki trying to regain her balance, spreading her arms in the air.

"Ah!" Sayori yelps, soon standing up on her own. She turns to me and smiles bashfully. "Ehehe, sorry!"

"It's fine!" I grin happily, hoping another gust of wind comes and thrusts her into me again.

... That sounded wrong. Really wrong.

"Geez!" Natsuki exclaims, yelling over the sounds of the wind. "I knew it was gonna be windy, but I didn't know it was gonna be this bad!"

Sayori laughed. "I know right?"

My curiosity gets me, and I glance curiously at Yuri, who is standing behind us like nothing had hit her. The wind is affecting her as her hair and clothing gently rustle along with it, but her stance seems normal.

"You don't feel it?" I ask, looking at her.

Yuri blinks in confusion. "I do, but it's not as strong as you three are making it out to be."

"Are we still going to go on that run?" Natsuki asks.

I smile. "Yeah! If we move in the right direction, the wind will be pushing us forward!"

What I didn't know, was that the wind can change direction. After a few minutes of running in the forest, the wind behind us, it suddenly began to try and push us back.

The sudden air to my face made me slow down, squinting as the air, again, began to get stronger with each gust.

"Argh!" Natsuki grunted as she tried and continue to march forward, ultimately failing.

"Okay, maybe racing wasn't the best idea!" I yell back, putting my hand above my eyes.

"Should we call it a quit?" Sayori called back from beside me, trying to keep a good stance so she isn't blown backwards.