Chapter Fourteen: Starting Off The Day

If I could wish it was all a dream, I'm not sure I would. The bed was so comfortable last night, and with Sayori beside me, I felt like I was in Heaven. And it hurt. My body never felt anything so soft before, as we had gotten used to going to bed cold, and hungry, and stiff. And now, everything was happening so fast that it hurt.

My eyes fluttered open to see that I had not only wrapped my arms around Sayori, but one of my legs were laying into hers, as her face was now buried in my chest.

W-why does this feel so.. Good? No. No, this feels strange. This should feel normal but.. What is happening to me?!

Quickly, I untangle myself from Sayori and get out of my bed, noticing something placed on the foot of my bed. A blue, one strap school backpack, a few text books, and a school uniform.

A/N: Wow, my first Authors Note and it's explaining how I'm so lazy that I'm not going to describe the school uniforms. They basically look like the ones in the game. Thanks for reading! -AJ :)

I glance at Sayori's bed, who has the same items on her bed. Did someone come in last night? I feel my face burn up in embarrassment. I hope not.

I hear slight moaning and tired groaning from Sayori, who is slowly starting to wake up, just as I feel a new pounding headache form.

"Morning." I mumble, furrowing my eye brows as my headache starts getting worse.

She looks up at me and rubs her eyes, her bow still in her hair as she must've forgotten to take it out last night. I guess I forgot to take my ribbon out last night too.

"Good morning!" She yawns, rubbing the tiredness out of her eyes as she sits up straight.

"We start school today, and they gave us uniforms." I explain and weakly gesture to Sayori's bed, where all her stuff lay.

Sayori nods and moves the blankets off her legs. "Oh, cool!" She tiredly exclaimed, soon planting both feet in the ground. Once she stood up, she stumbled forward, gripping both hands to her head. "Ow!"

"Are you okay?" I hurriedly ask.

Sayori shows me a weak smile and nods. "Headache.."

"I have one too." I groan, grabbing onto the school uniform.

Sayori grabs onto her pair and opens one of the doors inside the room, showing a bathroom. She stares at it, turns around, looks at me, then at the second bathroom and back to me.

The bathrooms were two different rooms for privacy reasons, right? A light blush begins to cover Sayori's face as she turns to me.

"M-Monika..?"

"Yes Sayori?" I ask, my headache fortunately slowly starting to disappear.

"I.. I'm really sorry.. I don't like being a scaredy-cat, but I don't like being along.. And.. uh.."

I glance at her curiously. What is she trying to ask me?

"Will you take a shower with me?"

• • •

I feel my breathing become irregular as I stare at her. Okay, it's fine. Taking a shower with her is normal; we never had enough money to pay for a lot of water, so the four of us, or maybe in pairs would take showers together. That's fine.

But then why am I feeling so nervous right now? Why am I blushing as much as she is? Why am I over thinking this?

She's scared, Monika. Say yes, and everything is normal.