CHAPTER 4

O My, I Picked Guns

"Uy Renzo! Himala lumabas ka sa lungga mo." Cello cheeky said. The knife guy just shrug. He was the one who kept throwing knives at me.

"You picked guns?" I nod. He smirked and played with his knives. "Just a hint. You will be catching bullets. Just like my test in knives." It's definitely not a hint. But catching bullets? Hmm. I might give it a try.

"If I fail?"

"You'll be dead or 50/50. When that happens you will no longer be able to pick a weapon. Kabilang ka sa top 10 pero ikaw lang ang weapon less. But if you succeed then you'd get extra points in subjects." The guy at the counter explained. He is wearing some fake glasses. Katabi niya ang isang lalaki na istura pa lang halatang matahimik.

"What's that fake glasses for?" I asked bluntly. He looked stunned at first but he smiled. "Anti-rad."

"Liar." His face dimmed when I let out those words. "How did you know?"

I smirked and looked at him. I used to have the same glasses! It's a virtual game that I play when I don't have missions to accomplish. Well that was long ago.

"I own one."

"Oh, really? What's your username and squad?"

"I'm Arth. Team 7." That glasses is an upgrade for the online game Worlds of Rulers. He looked shocked.

"I'm Rage. Nemusnar Guild. I didn't know Arth is a girl. Btw I'm Rage, Rank 4. And this guy right here, his Zion. He doesn't speak too much."

"I'm Ace."

"Bumalik na ba si Soul? Naiwan ko yata sa kwarto niya ang magz ko." Kamot-ulong sabi nung lalaking nakabonet na katabi ni Renzo.

"Uh-hindi pa." Sagot naman nung kauupo lang katabi ni Cello na galing sa room 7. He smiled at me and I just looked at him. "I'm Bill, rank 7. That guy is Max, rank 10. Renzo, Rank 2." Pakilala niya. Tumango naman ako sa sinabi niya.

"Oh nice icon tee." Bill said. "Uh-thank you."

Bigla naman akong nilapitan ng isang lalaki at nakipagkamay sa akin. "I'm Auee, Rank 9." Tinapik naman ni P ang kamay niya mula sa akin. "Aw! P naman eh!"

"Tumahimik ka patay-gutom!" sabi ni P. Napatawa naman si Cello at napa-iling ang iba sa kanila at bumalik sa kanya-kanyang ginagawa. That Renzo guy was staring at me like I did something wrong. I looked at him blankly and he turned his gaze away like an idiot.

"Don't we look familiar to you?" siniko naman siya ni Cello.

"Uh-no. I just met you."

I got up and told them I'd be out and be back later. Hindi na rin ako sasabay ng kain sa kanila sa hapunan. I went to the admins and registered for the weapon test. Since it's quite early they gave me the test.

-

All of the admins are watching me and I was just standing at the platform. The scanner of Royale had scanned me.

"Ace. Weapon chosen, guns. Task given, catch three bullets from random shooting."

That was the only instruction she told me. I closed my eyes just like how my Dad taught me these things. I feel my surroundings and when the countdown went off the shooting begun. I escaped a few shots but because of the rapid firing I couldn't get focused.

This doesn't work, it's taking too much time. I opened my eyes when I felt it coming straight to my skull. I maximized my timing and I caught one. "Yes!" I smiled and hop to escape from the bullets. But when I landed I anticipated one bullet and it got my right leg. It's not that bad, daplis lang naman pero mahapdi.

I shake it off and concentrate once more. I focused and I got one bullet. Last one. I let myself from getting hit at the right leg and the shooting stopped. I smiled mischievously.

"Ace. Task completed. You have acquired your weapon."

Agad akong niresponde ng mga tao na galing sa clinic. They treated my wounds and I asked them if I could have a morphine even though it's not allowed they have only given me some painkillers.

The admins congratulate me and I send my gratitude to them. Because of the wound that I've got I don't want to go back at the dorm right now. I loither around the school. I found myself going to the rooftop. I stepped at the gutter. Habang nasa bibig ko ang lollipop ay nagscroll ako ng kung ano sa tablet. My leg still hurt a bit but because of the painkillers it was lessen.

"What's your name?" I jolted in surprise when somebody asked me. I looked in his direction and saw the man who's having a serious face and quite tall.

"Uh-uhm. Is this place some sort of your territory? Sorry, I'm new. I won't be here again." I got down from the gutter and because of the impact from jumping down my leg hurts. I held strong to the gutter and acted normally.

"It's not my territory but nobody comes here except from me, and you from now on." He said seriously. I nodded at him.

"Oh--kung dyan ka sasaya."

"So.. what's your name?" he asked once again. "I'm Ace." He nodded and handed his hand. I accepted it "I'm Soul." I know. I know you know me too very well.

"I think I heard your name before, I'm just not sure but I think Max said your name." I frowned. He seemed stunned when I mentioned Max's name.

"How do you know Max?" he asked me with his dark face. "Uh-Dorm mate." I smiled. He nods and he examine my legs. "Does it hurts?"

"Yah, a bit. But I can manage."

"Why did you took the test today?" I chuckled a bit. "Because I don't have plans on getting out of my room tomorrow."

"I see." We were both quiet when someone banged the door and a man came out with heavy breath.

"Soul! Wait why is Ace—"someone from behind hit him and interrupted him. "Soul! Rank 3 passed the weapon test! We knew she was the one you've---aw!"

"Huh? Max! Rage! And yes, I passed the test. I caught 2 bullets and let myself be hit with one."