CHAPTER 12

Caught Off Guard

"Hindi basta-basta ang tigas ng ulo ng batang 'yan. Kung ano man ang sinabi mo sa kanya marahil na-engganyo siya." Pahayag niya. Hindi ko naman ata inengganyo si Inohe..

"Hayaan mo na, bata pa kasi." Sagot ko habang nakatingin kay Inohe.

"What did you tell him that changes his mood to train immediately?"

"Magpapaturo lang ako sa kanya pagkatapos niya sa rounds niya." Ramdam kong tiningnan niya ako. His face was frowning. "Pwede naman kitang turuan." Nahihiyang sabi niya at tumingin sa malayo. Napatawa naman ako at umiling.

"Nagpapasikat na naman ang batan 'yan. tsk." Bulong niya sa gilid. Ano bang klaseng kuya 'to?

"You're really bad at kids." Komento ko. "Tsk."

"How are you related to him? He seemed so scared when he saw you earlier." His jaw jolted. He sat at the corner of the ring gesturing that I should sit beside him so I followed him.

"He's my step-brother." I was shocked when I found out about it. They looked different. Sin is cute while Soul on the other hand has a strong manly face.

"Hmm- I guess you need more brotherly time."

"I want to train him because with our family name, his life would also be in danger. His mom got into an accident while she was still pregnant and I happened to pass by. She begged to save her child so we did."

"What happened to his mom?"

"Sadly we couldn't save her mom's life. It was either her or her baby and she chose her baby." I felt sad because of what he told me.

"You're a good man Soul." He hissed and looked at me with his seriousness. "I told you to call me Frauz." I shrugged. Why can't I call him like others do?

"It's the same. It's still you." sabi ko. I felt like he was struggling to utter words. I know he's smart but he kind of lacks EQ.

"Aight! I'll call you Frauz if that's what you want." I said. I wanted to laugh at his expression but I don't want to ruin his mood. He smiled and it was so tantalizing to watch.

We stayed for about 30 minutes there, helping Lolo Garf in organizing the area. Sin was helping too and he always has this bright mood that probably each child needs to have. He's a bright child. He's just as innocent but he's also well-prepared for the upcoming hindrances in life. Soul did a pretty job.

"Mauna na 'ho kami." Sabi ni Soul kay Lolo Garf. "Oh-siya! Maraming salamat ijo at sa iyo binibini." Masayang sabi ni Lolo Garf. Kumaway naman sa amin si Sin na may napakalaking ngiti. And with that we jog back to the school. Some students noticed us entering pero hindi pa naman sila ganoon karami dahil maaga pa naman kaya mas minabuti kong magmadali. Soul was just right at my back.

Pagkapasok namin sa dorm, wala nang tao roon maliban sa aming dalawa. Marahil ay maaga silang nagsipasok. Napailing naman ako, bibihira lang sila ganito.

"It's the Foley Battle Royale. You didn't know?" he asked me. I frowned. What is Foley Battle Royale?

"It's like an examination to prove if you truly deserve your rank. Weaks can be strongs and strongs can be weaks. It's expected that there would be a major change in rankings since there's a lot of transferee this year."

"So, I can also be replaced?" he shook his head in disapproval. "Ranks 1-10 can't be changed unless they challenge someone and get defeated. Points will be traded." Just like how I got my rank. I thanked him and got inside my room.

After I took a bath and changed into my usual clothes, I got out and saw him waiting for me at the door. I wasn't wearing the school's uniform since it's useless to be wearing one. He looked so fresh and neat. I mean he always looked good. I shook my head because of my thoughts and smirked a bit.

"What are you thinking?" he curiously asked.

"None, just random stuffs." I said. Sabay kaming naglalakad patungo sa arena. Ang daming studyante.

"Arthria Camilla Alcazar, Rank 3" Napukaw ang atensyon ng ibang mag-aaral nung sabihin ng scanner ang pangalan ko. Nagpatuloy lang ako sa paglalakad, medyo binagalan ko dahil alam kong papasok pa lang din si Soul.

"Soul Frauz Lamenco, Rank 1" Mas lalo namang dumami ang nagsitinginan sa direksyon namin. Ramdam kong nasa likod ko lang si Soul kaya nagalakad lang ako deretso sa kung saan din ako umupo nung unang araw ko palang rito.

"Hala! Andito si Soul!"

"Shet! Ang gwapo niya talaga!"

Tumabi siya sa akin. Agad ko namang hinanap sina Rage. "You won't see them here." Sabi naman ng katabi ko.

"Bakit naman?"

"They're at the admins. Ito na ang huling araw na magtatangka ang Rosette na kunin si Auee. You seemed to be fond of him so I take care of it. It's much safer that way." Sabay iwas ng tingin. I smiled at him and ruffled his hair a bit.

"Thanks! You're the best!" I smiled at him and he just gave me a serious face and looked away.

"Anything, Arthria."

Every time he's around I have nothing to be concerned with. He always takes cautions. I feel so light and comfortable with him. But I hate how he affects me. I hate being so weak with him. That's why I need to be stronger. I need to take down all the dangers when I'm with him.

But suddenly all the happiness fades away. A deafening sound surrounds my ears. Pain starts to crept inside me near to my heart. A metallic taste came out from my mouth. Lights became brighter and I saw his worried yet angry face. I am falling. I thought I was going to hit the ground but my vision black-out.