CHAPTER 25

Key Players

"So Riley was the only key player of GIS. The points are maintained when Ace fatally beat him." tangong sabi ni Cello. Napaisip naman si Auee.

"So the only thing left for us is the STU. Sila din ang nakatapat natin dati diba?" all of them agree except me because I don't know that STU.

"I guess we just need to bring them down. Rank to rank." Renzo suggested. Lagi talaga away ang nasa utak nitong lalaking 'to. And surprisingly all of them agree with him.

"Why not just page them to come to the Battle Arena? Kesa naman ma-stress tayo kakahanap sa kanila." suhestiyon ni P. Isa pa 'to, mainitin ang ulo. We are on tie though if the ratio of us winning is 4/10 we're out. Both STU and CEU have 319 points.

"But we still have some students who are undefeated. Some of them are still capable of fighting and some of them are injured." Bill said.

"Wait--why do we need to win?" I asked. they looked at me like I was out of nowhere. Like am I really asking this dumb question? Okayy sorry guys..

"If we lose the allowance that this school gives off to their students will be deducted. Meaning scholars will have no place in here anymore." Zion said. Oh--scholar? that includes me! shit.

"We could still win. I know we can. Let's go guys!" I cheered. Some of them chuckled and some of them ruffled my hair. "Stop messing my hair!"

"In addition to that. If we win this event, we will have the chance to meet the board of directors. That includes a step for your goal." Soul said seriously. Fine! I'll be taking this seriously.

"Drop the name." I said firmly looking at Cello. He smiled at me. "Ashton Brooks. Rank 3 of STU. 2590 points."

"His weapon is a katana but none of us saw him fighting with it. I fought him last year but he didn't use his katana and sadly I lost." Rage added. I might as well prepare my guns. Interesting. Will Soul use his weapon too?

"Guys! Here are the schedules of the matches. I paged their name earlier and I instantly got the reply." Auee showed us the schedule they want to play.

DOILE, RANK 10. 10 am, at cafeteria Royale scanner.

FRANKIE, RANK 6. 10:30 am, at the soccer field Royale scanner.

GAUS, RANK 9. 10 am, at the garden Royale scanner.

PYKE, RANK 2. 10 am, sacred labyrinth Royale scanner.

TAKAHARA, RANK 8. 11 am, sacred labyrinth Royale scanner.

ION, RANK 4. 10 am, at the battle arena.

LIGHT, RANK 7. 10:30 am, at the battle arena.

MIDNIGHT, RANK 5. 11 am, at cafeteria Royale scanner.

JHIN, RANK 1. 10 am, at rooftop Royale scanner.

ASH, RANK 3. 11 am, at rooftop Royale scanner.

"Seems like it's all been set. We still have time though. It's still 9 am in the morning." Max said.

"Sure we have time but we need to prepare now." Auee said.

I scrolled my phone to buy some new tees. I was just at the stairs going to the rooftop relaxing myself before I got into the fight. I came here early wearing my favorite hoodie and denim short. I got my babies beside me but you can't really see them because my hoodie is way bigger than my usual size. Soul is at the rooftop by now.

"Hey, is this the way to the rooftop?" I looked at him and nodded. He's wearing a hoodie trying to cover his face. But I can tell that he has the looks even if he has those scars. It made him look more ragged but in a hot way. He has the body too. He sighed and sat beside me.

"You shouldn't be in this place." he said opening his case. Pretty sure it's his weapon. It's a black katana and it suits him even more.

"Will you believe me I told you I came here for you?" I said. He stopped at the moment. "Nah-nevermind. I came here early to watch a fight." I said looking back at my phone. I saw him letting down his hoodie from my peripheral vision. I looked at his face in amusement.

"Aren't you afraid?" I chuckled. He seemed confused on why I laughed. "Those scars are beautiful. You will not be you if not because of those scars." I said to him, paying attention to his katana. Cool, I think it's customized. He packed it up again. A beam of light came through stopping our conversation.

"What's going on here?" his voice was way more serious than before. I stood up and looked at him.

"Nothing. May bibilhin lang ako." I said to him. He nodded and gestured something at me and I don't know how I get it but I'm sure he's telling me if he should tag along. I shrugged.

"Nah--I'll be fine. I'll watch you play." I said with a smile and he smiled back and nodded. I looked at the man who sat beside me. He looked more confused. "You knew Soul?"

"Yah, just recently. Oh-by the way goodluck! Laters!" I said before running to the cafeteria. I'll be needing something.