CHAPTER 30

Sent from Above

Renzo's POV

I looked at him walking towards the sacred labyrinth. I'm sitting at the grotto's shoulder. How did I got here? I have climbed since I came earlier. He knew I'm here since he tapped in immediately. I jumped down and tapped in.

"Pyke, Rank 2 of STU. 2997 point." ngumisi siya sa akin. I have defeated him twice and this will be the third time. I'll make sure of that. I played with my knife but I'm not going to use this for the fight. Soul did not allow us to. He cockily let out his Katana.

"Tresh, Rank 2 of STU. 3204 points." with my points and Soul's points, everybody needs to catch up. We're not into gaining points but since me and Soul have a lot more tasks to do we have a lot more points than the others. Our skills are not really based on points.

"It's been a long time."

"Yah, and I'm gonna beat you again for the third time." I fired. He stopped talking and ready his stance. I sighed and inserted my knife back into my pocket. Pyke is a skilled swordsman. Their household is one of the japanese houses that masters sword art. They all entered fencing in the Olympics and won many medals. I knew him because he courted my sister.

Syempre hindi ako boto sa kanya kaya pina-imbestigahan ko siya. My sister is very precious to be in the hands of this jerk. I don't meddle in any relationships my sister had or have but all of the guys chase her. I filtered them all. I hate cocky guys. Especially those brats who think they can get all they want because they are rich.

Soul is cocky sometimes, but he's more the silent one. That big guy hired my team to guard his woman. I can really refuse his offer but he once saved my ass from a disaster her fiance caused.

We were on a mission at that time. Me as the leader of the team I go by myself. Our mission is to eliminate the biggest den of Shangri La. When I was about to go into that big boss' room a loud explosion occurred and I was almost caught by the fire. My team backed out because I ordered them too and I was left there. The fire gets bigger and there's no way out for me. My only choice was to get a little burn and escape from that room.

I crawled down yet the debris is falling. I lost hope but Soul entered and wrapped me with a wet towel. After he wrapped me the towel he proceeded to the room where the fire started. He walked as if he didn't care if he's going to lose his life. I stopped him from going in but he just ignored me.

"Look. Just get the hell out of here." he said. Hindi ako makapaniwala sa sinabi niya. Bahala siya kung ayaw niyang lumabas. I waited for him to get out and moments passed. I saw him carrying a girl with so much care. The girl had a mask. Slender body and long jet black hair.

"What the fck are you looking at my woman?! just get the hell out of here!" he groaned. I resulted into a smug face sarcastically looking at him. I followed him out. Nobody noticed us escaping but I saw my team injured and in panic. I sighed. I looked at the guy. He walked towards me and without any words he pulled the towel he gave me earlier. What the--

He placed it on the ground and gently laid the woman on the towel. I frowned. What the fuck did i just watch?! Is this a drama? He checked if there's any bruises or wounds on the woman. When he noticed there's nothing but just a little scratch, his face seemed relieved.

"What team are you from?" He asked me. I grinned and answered him. "Special faction 001. NGO kamI kaya we have nothing to do with the government." I said proudly.

"Don't smile. You look like an idiot." he commented. I was about to hit him when he raised his hand. "I'm just joking." Napaawang ang bibig ko. How was that for a joke? Clearly he doesn't have any sense of humor. I chuckled.

"Man-- you better don't joke around with that sense of humor." I said. He just looked at me with dagger eyes.

Hinarang ko ang kamay ko sa katana niya. I won't get cut by it since it's not a double blade. I pushed it enough for him to lose his grip but it wasn't enough for him. I kicked his hand in addition and I successfully got rid of his weapon. He hissed. He looked tired. Kanina pa kasi kami puro atake at ilag.

I breathe in and breathe out before stepping forward and aiming for his face. He wasn't able to dodge it. His lips burst yet he sends me kicks randomly. I managed to dodge it and out balanced him. Making him fall to the ground I stepped on his back with force. He groaned in pain. I ducked down and hit his neck to make him fall asleep.

"Tresh wins!" I sighed and looked at the man who just came after I beat Pyke. He waved at me with his usual wry smile.

"Nice game, Renzo!" bati niya. Hindi pa naman oras para sa laban niya pero himala at maaga siya.

"Hindi ka ata late, Cello." binato ko siya ng kutsilyo na agad naman niyang sinalo. Ngumingiting tumango lang siya.