CHAPTER 26

X-counter

Max POV

It's now 10 am and my opponent is nowhere to be found. I'm with Zion and he's silent as usual. I'm usually calm yet talkative all time but since I'm with Zion I need to be a little quiet. He hates noises.. A LOT!

All my life I've been so curious about who came first? a chicken or the egg? Yah--I know it's nonsense but don't you get curious too? Well I had a girlfriend once back when I was in highschool and to be honest I dated the wrong girl! At first I thought she's lovable and sweet but she turned out to be a jelly monster. Hell I'm getting bored and all I can do is to tap the case of my weapon.

"Can you stop tapping that case? It's annoying." Oh well I can't even tap my case now. I stop tapping it but something urges me to tap it. Why is my opponent late? tsk! I wonder if this is a trap or what. You know the "we get played" scenes in the movies.

Few moments of being bored I looked at Zion and sighed because I knew he would just shut me up.

"Hey Zee. Do you know why the clouds look like clouds?" He looked at me and placed his phone in his pockets.

"Because they just look like clouds." He answered. I frowned. Does that even answer my question? tsk. "You don't make sense." I said.

"And you think you do? shut up. Andito na sila." he said looking at the opposite direction I'm looking. I turned around and saw my opponent. I smiled and kept my case at my back. I'm getting excited for no reason.

"Zee, I bet my favorite Xbox if I lose this game." I whispered. He scoffed and looked at me with a smirk. "I'll buy you your favorite red velvet cake if you win." I smiled.

"Deal." I walked to the Royale scanner as he tapped into it.

"Doile, Rank 10 of STU. 2229 points." I smirked as I saw him weld his weapon.

"X, Rank 10 of STU. 2406 points."

And the battle begins.

He has those weird circular blades and he just keeps on attacking me. "Hey man. Hindi ka pa ba napapagod?" i asked him but no response. I jumped out when he attempted to kick my knees. I smiled and asked him again the same question but he ignored me again!

"Ang snob mo kaya wala kang jowa!" sabi ko tsaka ko siya inambahan ng suntok kaya napaatras siya ng konti. He looked pissed and I don't get why he's getting pissed. Am I really that annoying? I blew my bangs and ready my stance to get him. Because of what I did he ran towards me too. But he didn't expect me to do some things.

I slide down passing through him kicking his ass. He stumbled down but he got up quickly. I was shocked when he threw his blades in the air. It's not doing anything! or maybe I was wrong.. "Aw! that hurts!" I said when my shoulders get slashed at the same time. So that's how his weapon works. Blood drips through my skin and I look bad.

"Is it that hard to answer my questions?" I said opening the case of my weapon. I know he's not going to stop and he's going to take advantage by the time I'm going to get my weapon. But since I knew how it works I lowered myself. Just like boomerangs it won't get low as it's thrown unless it's going back. But as I can see he's not precisely good at estimating things.

When he got his weapon on his hands I smiled at him dragging my weapon. I flicked my wrist at the same time moving my hands aiming him. He wasn't expecting me to do anything so he was stunned when my chains wrapped around his body making him drop his blades.

"AAAH!" he screamed. I smiled at him and pulled my chain making him turn for a bit but he fell down. "Can't you stand up? My chain is stuck on you." he gasped for air. I saw blood dripping from his back.

I reached his back and pulled out the blade of my chain. I helped him stand and I entangled my chain. "I guess I won." smiling and wiping the blood of my chain. I packed my weapon inside the case.

"X Wins!" I heard the scanner said and the paramedics are already taking him to the infirmary. I looked at Zion. He looked upset. "Should I pay him a visit?" I asked.

"Yeah, you cross the line a bit. Soul's gonna kill you men." He said with a bored tone. I chuckled. "I guess he would."