CHAPTER 38

Truth Behind the Past

"Chain her and bring her to the counseling room!" Utos ni Roman. Mapangahas kong itinutok ang baril ko sa kung sino man ang nagbabalak na lumapit. Alam kong imposible ngunit susubukan ko.

"Spare them Roman! Spare them!" Sigaw ko nang hilain nila ng sapilitan ang mga kaibigan ko. My bloodshot eyes fired a death stare at Roman with Auee on his side. I cussed in irritation and frustration.

Soul was still holding me. binubugaw niya lahat ng nagbabalak na kunin ako. He has taken some multiple wounds from my colleagues' attempts. "Fuck!" I heard him cuss.

"Ano pang hinihintay nyo? kunin nyo lang lalaki at si Reaper." Utos niya ulit. I saw the glint of my colleagues' eyes. The thought of me being tortured is one of their greatest desires ever since I joined this guild. I was Roman's key player. He treats us unfairly leading them to envy me. I'm fully aware of that. I saw Grim smirking at me and looked at me with a disappointed face.

"Ako na bahala kay Reaper. Kunin nyo na ang lalaking 'yan and give him 50 lashes." he said. My eyes grew big. Lashes! I looked at Soul, his eyes were determined. I bit my lip worrying about what will happen next.

"No-Don't! Hell I'll surrender just-just don't hurt him!" My voice echoed in the room as they pin Soul to the ground. He received some beating making his body busted and wounded. My heart was beating so fast as Gray caught me and pulled me away from him. He looked at me with his soulful eyes. A tear fell from my eyes. He spit blood due to the massive kicks he received. I heard Roman chuckling.

"You'll pay for this!" Sigaw ko. Gray and the others prevent me from making any dangerous attack. They tied me in a chair and Roman sat in front of me. Auee stands at his back. My frustration just grew bigger when I saw them dragging Soul's body. He got a lot of bruises and wounds and he's unconscious. Pinatalikod siya ni Gray and Gray whipped him with the lash.

"NO! STOP THAT! STOP!" I cried. His body itched in pain. How about the others? Are they suffering too? This is all my fault. I should not have agreed to get them involve with my stupid goal.

Pain crept into my heart. I looked down. Ano nga ba ang magagawa ko? hearing every whip was hurting my heart too. I cried silently and begged him to stop. I can't bear him being hurt. I will never forgive myself if I lose him.

"You should have initiated the mission Reaper. But you are selfish." He said, mocking me.

"We don't kill innocent people Roman. You broke your own protocol." I said slowly. My tears won't stop falling. He smug and looked at me in disgust.

"Anc and Ark are not innocent and so are you too, Arthria Camilla Alcazar." he stood up and hit my face with his palm. Auee's face came into light when he heard the names of my brothers. He went watery and looked at me in pain. I know, he's a victim of this cruel man too.

"Anak ka nga ni Amorsolo. Pakialamero. Kung hindi siya nakilala ni Cayenne kasal na sana kami ngayon at masaya! Kuha mo?!" he grabbed my chin harshly.

"Kinuha ni Amorsolo ang lahat sa akin! He aced the exam, athletic, face of the crowd, and also my dear Cayenne! If it isn't because of him Cayenne would have noticed me!" he said slapping me again. Napapikit ako sa sakit.

"Hindi ka minahal ni Mommy kasi ang sama mo!"

He laughed punching me at my stomach. "Yes she didn't but she could have loved me! but even after all I sacrificed for her she picked that prick Amorsolo. kaya naman kung hindi siya magiging akin mabuti pa at mamatay silang dalawa."

My anger was on point. I clenched my fist looking at him intently. So I was right. He was the one who killed my parents. I stopped the tears and stood up with my last strength. I was bound with chains. I broke my wrist to fit my hands and free it from the chains. He backed out when he saw me doing it. Horror was in his face. Gray and the others attended me and stopped me on what I was about to do.

They launched kicks and held me tightly but I always escaped. I skillfully hit their necks and sent them to deep sleep. I saw Roman quinched. I freed my feet and walked towards him. He pointed a gun at me. Auee was in shock and I sent him a wry smile. He cried and seemed confused.

"You should take care of your own son Roman instead of meddling in others' lives." I commented. He hissed and shot the ground ahead of me to scare me.

"HA! He's useless and just a burden just like his mother." he said straightly looking at Auee. His jaw clenched and his fist hardened and launched a punch to his said father. Pathetic. I looked down at Roman who was wiping the blood caused by his own son.

"What the fuck are you doing?! I'm your father! I raised you, you useless scumbag!" Sigaw niya.

"Kung hindi mo lang sana naisipang magpabida at bibugbog si Gaus eh patay na sana ang babaeng 'to at ang buong Alcazar! ang bobo mo talaga! masyado kang mahina wala---"

"Why don't you do it yourself? You kill them yourself instead of ordering us?" Auee coldly said. He Looked at me and smiled lightly. He assured me and I immediately scope Soul to my hands. I tapped his cheeks lightly.

"Hey, Soul wake up." I said with my teary eyes. He weakly lifted his hand to me. I held to it and placed it on my cheek. I smiled at him.

"I'm so sorry." I cried saying that to him again and again. "I'm really sorry." He just smiled at me and wiped my tears.

"It's alright my baby." He grabbed something in his pocket and gave it to me. It was a voice recorder. I cried even more. It recorded all Roman said. I ducked down and reached his face to give him a peck.

"Thank you, Soul." I smiled at him. Just with the right timing the back up came.

"Putang-ina mo Lamenco! Pinabayaan mo na naman ang kapatid ko!" Rinig na rinig ko ang boses ni Anc sa labas. They were shocked when they saw me with Soul's wounded body. Medics immediately tend him. I walk to them. I smiled at my brothers and played the recorder. Ark ignored it and checked my wounds.

"Motherfucker, you will pay for everything you have done to our family." Anc said dangerously and grabbed Auee away from Roman. Auee looked shocked when my brother lifted up Roman and gave him some brute punches. I smiled at Auee and mouthed 'thank you'.