CHAPTER 14

I'm Responsible

"This is unfair." Matigas na sabi ni Rage. Tiningnan lang naming siya. He's referring to him doing our routine thirteen times.

Lahat kami nasa clinic binabantayan si Arth. Hindi parin siya bumabangon.

I just can't ease the pain with the fact she was hurt on my watch. I failed my sole goal. I beat that guy into pulp, he deserved it. But Arth? She never deserves to be hurt. She's been through a lot of pain and I just can't stand to watch her this time. I need to take action.

"Sabi ni Doc, nakuha na yung bala. Kailangan na lang natin hintayin na magising siya. Kailangan niya rin ng mga dalawang linggo para pahilumin ang sugat. It was fatal but you know the doctors here, they're used to it." Sabi ni Zion habang inaayos ang dextrose ni Arth. Napatango naman kami.

"We need to secure this area." Saad ni P. They just got back from the mission. "I agree." It was Cello.

"Nawala lang kami nakalusot na ang mga ungas na 'yon!" Pahayag ni P.

"Hmm. I suggest we take turns in guarding her since we have classes to attend and we need to pass the academics exams." Kamot-ulong sabi ni Auee. I know their academic grades are wavering. Though they pass but that's it. Especially Renzo, his physics is not doing well.

"I take full responsibility of this case. Ako ang magbabantay sa kanya. Bumisita kayo kapag may oras kayo. You need to pass your exams. Lalo kana, Renzo."

"Paano ka? Hindi ka papasok?" tumayo ako at nagsalin ng tubig sa baso.

"Duh-I don't really think it's necessary for him to study, Max." pabalang na sagot ni Renzo. Napangiwi naman si Max.

I was homeschooled before I entered this school. I really don't need to be in college but I need to protect someone. Gusto ko rin mapalapit sa kanya. Back then I was just a bystander. I can't go near her, I can't talk to her. All I did was watch her from afar. Napangisi ako habang tinitingnan ang maamo niyang mukha. I drink my water and sit at the chair beside her.

Kahit saan mo siya ilagay ang dami niyang napapamahal kahit hindi niya napapansin. She's brilliant. I'm afraid, I might lose her. Panay pagtatalo lang ang ginagawa nila buong magdamag habang hinihintay naming siyang magising.

Tatlong araw ang nakalipas ngunit tulog parin siya. I never leave her side unless I need to use the bathroom. I want her to see me when she wakes up. Napabalikwas ako dahil sa tunog ng cellphone ko. I looked at the caller. I knew he was going to call but I never expect it to be this soon.

"Hello."

"You convinced me it was okay to let her do what she wants. Now, you let her take a bullet too?" matigas na sabi niya. I know where his madness is coming from and I understand. It's his sister, who wouldn't be mad.

"I let my guard down once, this will never happen again."

"Siguraduhin mo Lamenco. Kung ayaw mong pumasok rin ako sa skwelahang 'yan para bawiin ang kapatid ko." Asik niya. I sighed. If that happens, I can't hold her back or make her choose what she wants against his brother's command.

"Got it, Anc. I will protect her." Binaba na niya ang tawag. Napapikit nalang ako sa inis. Kung hindi dahil sa katangahan ko hindi sana magbabalak si Anc na pabalikin siya sa dati niyang ginagawa. I know that man, he's very cunning. He'll do everything he can to protect Arth kahit ang kapalit ay ang kasiyahan ng kahit sino maski si Arth pa mismo.

It's late. Pinabalik ko na sila P sa dorm. They need to study. I know they are worried too but I can handle this. They knew about my connection with Arth. Inayos ko ang kumot niya at pinahiran ang mukha niya. Napatigil ako saglit ng makita kong gumalaw ang mga daliri niya. Kumunot ang noo ko at kinompirma ang nakita ko. It's moving! I looked at her as she opened her eyes slowly.

I immediately called the doctor. I held her hands and smiled at her. If I could just hug her..

"I'm glad you're awake." 

Avenge of the Fallenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें