CHAPTER 35

I Cut My Hair Short

Ace's POV

I can't believe this guy! how could he let himself be distracted? What was he looking at when he got these wounds? tsk. I carefully assisted his wounds. Looking from his expression he seemed disappointed yet grateful, for what?

I bit the tape to cut it and slightly tapped his wounds. His face says it all. Idiot!

I stood up and looked at my opponent. It's almost time. Soul got up too and guided himself to the side. I walked to the royale scanner ignoring Ashton's gaze. I talked to him earlier and I know he wasn't expecting me to be his opponent. He smirked and tapped-in. Drawing his sword and pointed it at me.

"Ash, Rank 3 of STU. 2936 points." His stance was similar to the famous martial art Silat. But slightly different because he's using a katana as a weapon. I tapped in and smiled at him dryly.

"I thought you'll never take your opponent seriously." I mocked. He swung his sword to his side, still keeping his stance.

"That's when I thought it won't be you, Reaper." I let out a chuckle. "Oh? You know me? Did I perhaps kill someone beloved to you?" He gritted his teeth in irritation. The door of the rooftop opened and I saw my dorm mates waving in my direction.

Cello and Renzo are not yet around. I'm sure Cello is still on the battle since we have the same schedule. What I wonder is why Zion is here when his fight is the same as mine too? I shrugged off and was relieved when I saw none of them got hurt bad.

"Ace, Rank 3 of CEU. 2605 points." he twisted his wrist making his sword grip inward.

He swung his sword aiming at my neck but since his sword grip is inward I blocked it with my hand. I heard my teammates gasping. The blade was facing the opposite direction. I stepped forward and held his hand, slightly doing a turn and hit him with the elbow with the hand I used to block his sword earlier. I kicked him away from me, giving him a chance to wield his sword again. I smirked.

"You should have slashed me when you got the chance." I whispered to him. He just smiled and ran towards me with his sword at the level of his chest, making its blade hit me directly. I slide down to kick his ankle but he jumps. He managed to turn while in the air with his skill menacing his sword at me. I reacted fast and rolled into the other side before his sword would pierce me. My eyes grew big when I saw a strand of my hair fall down cascading through the wind.

Tsk, it's fine, maybe I'll just cut it short. Damn! Ayaw pa naman ni Anc na maiksi ang buhok ko dahil sa "boyish" kong galawan.

Ashton didn't look bothered and he swung his sword diagonally hitting my shoulder. I was caught off guard. He lifted it, passing through my neck and striking me horizontally with the blade. I cussed when I almost didn't fall from my balance. I bend my back to avoid it with my hands supporting me. I lifted myself kicking him away by doing a flip flop.

He spit some blood from the kick I gave. I ran to him fast and kicked him hard at his stomach. I grabbed his sword and swung it to his direction. My hair is bothering me since he cut almost half of it short. I gathered my hair and swung his sword skillfully cutting the rest of my hair.

"This will be the first time I lost to someone, let alone Soul." He said looking at the skies with his hands covering his forehead. His scars were visible.

"That was a good fight. Your sword style is not for self-defense. You should at least guard yourself and create your own style." I said offering him a hand. But before he could take my hands someone grabbed him up instead.

"I didn't hold back. She's just--"

"Yeah. Just don't touch what's mine." Soul seriously said. I heard the others faked a cough. Siniko ko siya kaya napatingin siya sa akin. Ashton just inserted his sword to its case and chuckled at us.

"Kung hindi ko lang mahal ang asawa ko baka agawin ko sayo si Ace." tawang sabi niya. Kasal na siya? My curiosity killed me. Our eyes diverted to the lady who is walking toward us. I saw how Ash looked pale and Soul mischievously smiling.

"W-When did you call her?" kinakabahang tanong ni Ash kay Soul.

"I didn't." lokong sabi ni Soul. The lady looked at the fragments of my hair then gazed deadly at Ash.

"Ah-hehe.. Tara na. Umuwi na tayo." Ash's hand swiftly put it on her waist. She continued to walk and faced me. She gave me a card.

"I apologized for what this idiot has done to your hair." She said and smiled. I smiled back and she seemed nice. She looked at Soul and hit him slightly.

Heather Lamenco Takahara

0977*******

"Hanap ka nila tita. Isama mona raw siya sa birthday party niya." she said and Soul nod. I don't really get what is going on but I just shrugged. She turned around with Ashton carefully embracing her from the back. He seemed so inlove with that woman.

"Sad we didn't see the fight." Cello said, waving at us with Renzo with his usual irritated face.