CHAPTER 34

Attention Seeker

Soul's POV

Napatingin ako sa medyo maingay na paligid ng skwelahan. Nasa rooftop ako ngayon. Nasa may hagdan naman si Ace dahil ayaw niya muna magpa-init. Hindi naman masyadong mainit, katamtaman lang. Narinig kong may kausap siya kaya binuksan ko ang pinto at sumalubong sa akin ang mukha ni Ashton.

"What's going on here?" I asked straightly, looking at her. She stood up and looked at me with her alluring hazel-brown eyes and answered me directly.

"Nothing. May bibilhin lang ako." She said, smiling while patting her butt to cast some dust away. I nodded and gestured to go with her, I know she got it but she shrugged not clearly stating what she responded to my gestures.

I came to think of something disappointing. Hindi ba siya titingin sa laban ko?

"Nah--I'll be fine. I'll watch you play." she said with an assuring smile and I smiled back and nodded.

She looked at Ashton and her smile didn't appear in front of him. That's right baby. You should only smile for me. Ashton looked confused with our connection.

"You knew Soul?" what if she does? She's my fiance! for fck's sake!

"Yah, just recently. Oh-by the way goodluck! Laters!" She said without any emotion turning back at us. Good! I saw Ashton's eyes with so many questions. I know Ashton. He's my right-hand afterall. He was supposed to be with us but since Arthria is enrolling here we need a dummy to be replaced when she gets inside here. Ashton enrolled in his previous school as usual.

"So she already knows you huh?" he said mocking me with his usual smirk. I frowned. So what if she does? He chuckled by my reaction and placed his sword case right beside mine.

"It's sad. She doesn't recall meeting me." he said disappointedly.

"Well she met several people from her hundred missions."

"Yeah, right. I just wished I could thank her for saving my wife." he said looking at the city. I shrugged. Minutes passed and someone opened the door. It was Jhin with his usual mask. I frowned when I noticed it was different from before.

"Really?" I asked in disbelief. I saw his brows arched. "Duh! It's limited edition! It's Kaneki's mask, idiot!" he said tapping in already. I shrugged when he pulled out his weapon. His arm blades. I walked to the royale scanner.

"Jhin, Rank 1 of STU. 3089 points."

I tapped-in. I looked at Ash for a minute and told him something.

"Don't hold back with your opponent later. I know you're stronger than this idiot." I said point at Jhin. Ash looked confused but he nodded and prepared his sword at the side not minding our fight.

When the door opened again, the fight began. She was drinking her favorite strawberry yogurt with her usual blank hazel-brown eyes. She sat beside Ash as he waved at her. My jaw clenched. That's not good, baby.

"I'm not an idiot man! Hindi ka na nagbago!" Sigaw niya.

My nerves are telling me to pull her away from Ashton. I sighed with my thoughts. I'm being possessive again. Ashton has a wife. They're still talking. I can't get her attention so I need to do something just to get her attention. I fight Jhin with his usual aggressive attacks. But this time I didn't dodge everything. I let myself bleed just to get her attention. I'm really a crackhead for doing this.

"What the hell Soul! Humihina ka ba?!" sigaw na sabi ni Jhin dahilan para mapatingin sila sa direksyon namin. I smirked but immediately brought my usual serious face. Finally, I caught her attention. She frowned and her eyes were set on my bleeding wounds. I saw Ashton chuckled and stood up away from her by two meters. Good! because I'd probably kill him if he continues to talk to her!

"No Jhin. Nagpapapansin lang 'yan." Sumipol si Ash at tiningnan ko siya ng masama. Her face was dark. It seemed like she didn't hear what Ash said. Why that face baby? Are you worried for me? A ghost smile appeared on my face.

"Eh? ganun ba?" sagot na tanong ni Jhin. He attacked me again but this time since I caught her attention, might as well let her see what I can do.

I did a roundhouse kick which was caught easily by Jhin. With him holding my ankle I jumped and lifted into the air kicking the arm he's using to hold me. I heard something after that. Pain was visible in Jhin's eyes and he raised his other hand.

"STOP! MOTHERFUCKER! YOU BROKE MY ARM!!" sigaw niya. I saw Ashton laughing silently looking at our friend. When the scanner announced the winner Ashton helped him to remove his arm blades with a mocking smile.

"This bastard! tumingin lang yang bebe mo sa laro mo willing ka na agad baldahin ang kaibigan mo!" asik ni Jhin. Intently looking at him while the medics are gently assisting him. He removed his mask and stuck out his tongue at me. I raised my middle finger at him.

Ashton just sighed. Handing me the first-aid kit to tend my wounds. I was about to get when she got it instead. Damn, baby! my heart skipped a bit when I met her eyes.

"I still have 10 minutes before my match. Sit your ass down and let me see your wounds." She said seriously. She's a bit younger than me for three years and hell I don't think this kid would be my type. I remember I prefer these mature ones, much older than me.

Her touch affects me so much that I want to hold, hug, and feel her. I want her to stay by my side. Gently tending my wounds Ashton's smirks never wear off. This idiot.

"Are you having fun?" Stiktang sabi niya at medyo diniin ang bulak sa sugat ko. My face became sour because of pain. I bit my lips and looked how serious she was. Fck! baby you're making me turned on. I slightly tilted my head to disagree.

I know she's like this for everyone. But I just want to feel that it's just for me, alone. I know she cares for everyone and I'm no special. A wry smile escaped for my face. No matter how long as long as you're happy, I'll always stay by her side.