CHAPTER 27

Hidden to be Safe

Zion's POV

"I guess he would." dumb*ss. I smirked since I can't wait for any longer. It's 20 minutes before 11 am but I guess he couldn't wait anymore either. I don't have any intentions in using my weapon. Except if it's really needed. But I don't think Max welds it out even if it's not really necessary.

"Tap in first." he said with a grin. Let me rip that grin off after this fight. Max is surely the talkative one. But I speak less than him. I don't want to waste my effort in speaking up nonsense just like what he is doing.

"Zeild, rank 5 of CEU. 2490 points." there is not a big difference between our points except for the two, Renzo and Soul. I think Ace is going to catch up too very soon and we need to step up our game too. It's not like we couldn't reach that level, it's just that we don't make any efforts in every task we do.

"Midnight, rank 5 of STU. 2689 points." he smirked at me. I see, he thinks he's on the bright side well sorry he's not. without a notice I punch him straight to the face making his mouth bleed just as when the scanner made the cue. He was caught off guards.

He rolled to break out from me but I wrapped my hands around his neck making the arm triangle choke. He's giving me kicks from the side to let me lose him. He is strong! He broke the lock and turned the situation quickly. I'm under now. He concentrated his punches at my head and I did my best to defend. He forgot how my legs are free so I lifted it up with a force throwing him away from me.

I stood up as soon as possible and shook a little bit of my body. I stretched my neck. He recovered for being slammed to the tables. I stepped closer to him. My speed was accelerating, controlling the force that I think that is enough for him to be knocked out. He let out his weapon. A customized knife. He pointed it at me but I wasn't frightened.

I'm an ex-seal. At a young age I was qualified to be a seal because I'm skilled and trained, also because my father is the Admiral. I was in the advanced team but my team died and I was the only one alive. Our mission went wrong but Soul helped me get through it when he was in Sri Lanka because Ace had a mission in that place too back when she was still an assassin. I was the best at short-range combats.

I dodged his attacks and just when I caught his wrist I twisted it off making it sound. He screamed in pain but I hit him one more time to make him sleep. Damn, I just hate noise.

"Zeild Wins"

"Gago binalian mo ata.." sabi ni Max. I looked at him. He's just him as usual, he may look dumb but he's not. This guy was from a triad afterall, an orphan. He was the right hand of the boss that Ace killed for a mission. He almost got killed too if he appeared in the scene but Soul has an eye for him. He told me that Max helped him find Ace and also asked me to keep Max away from the boss because Soul knew Ace will not spare anyone.

Arthria Camilla Lamenco. The hidden daughter of the Lamenco. Soul once told me that it was intentional to keep her that way even before her parents died. It was for her safety but she was clever. Very clever that she escaped from his brothers and trained herself as an assassin. But Soul always keeps an eye for her. He knew every step she made and done.

Even when I saw her on her first day I was amused how nice she is and how accurate Soul's intuition about her. And her goal? It just made me excited at all. I looked at Max. "Na-dislocate lang 'yon." sagot ko sa kanya. He just smiled at me.

This guy really lacks EQ. "How's your mom?" I asked him. He thought for a while and answered me. "She's good, thanks to Soul I've got my mom back." he said seriously. He's really bad at expression. All of us in Rank 10 left behind Soul and Ace had our own story to tell that revolves between the two.

"Let's grab lunch."