CHAPTER 9

Intruder Encounter 1

"Hmm. Yeah your right. But did falling in love to someone ever cross your mind or you already did?" I asked him while watching the night sky.

"It's cheating and breaking the contract. My family promised you parents." He said and smiled lightly.

"You don't need to—"he interrupted me.

"Of course I do." He was older than me for 2 years. His jaw clenched and looked at me with his serious eyes. My throat ran dry.

"How many girls did you bed?" I asked out of nowhere. He was silent for a minute. 

"I-I lose count but I promise! that was before the we officially got engage!" 

"I was 12 when we got engage and the first time I saw you. That means.. you're already an ass at 15."

Napakamot naman siya sa ulo. No wonder girls are sure after him. Rich, handsome, smart, and the bad boy aura is visible through his appearance. I looked at my wounded leg. It was starting to sting. He noticed my wince.

"My hands itch every time I see you struggle."

"It was a pain that you wont accept any help from us even from your brothers." I heard him sighed, he's probably looking at the sky.

"I know y'all going to force me back at the mansion." he chuckled and nodded.

"I wouldn't want you to be in danger too."

"It's part of my life. I just can't bear to act like a princess and do nothing in that mansion." I said, looking at the stars.

"Tapang ah?" he said mockingly with his slight british accent. Hell he sounded so hot. I smiled at him.

"Nakawala lang sa tali ni kuya." He chuckled by my answer. "Mahigpit parin? Those two never changed."

"How about you? Why are you still here?" he smiled and ruffled my hair. "I'm here to protect you. Saan ka man magpunta nasa paligid mo lang ako."

I knew it!

"So you mean you knew I worked at the bar? At the café? And at the convenience store?" he nodded. He stood up. "I ordered pizza and some food. I knew you're tired so I told them to prepare dinner instead." He said and handed me his hand. I accepted it and went with him.

It's funny how my parents and his parents tied us up when my parents are both dying. I was 8 that time and that is where my brother and I were trained by our parents' assistants to fight in order to protect ourselves. My brother took my parents business as the sole owner of our own company. We grew up independently but my brothers seemed to be so overprotective. But now I got the chance to loiter around without them.

We were both quiet and when we entered the dorm everybody was delighted. I saw P and Cello in the same spot last time. They are chatting about their tasks. Bill and Zion were on the playstation. Rage was just eating pizza. Max and Auee were playing with their phones. Renzo was cleaning his blades right at the counter.

"Ace!" tawag sa akin ni P. tiningnan ko siya at sumenyas sya lumapit ako. Being with P is like having a conversation with the typical brother vibes. Cello has quite feminine brother vibe because he's really into fashion.

"Regular class na bukas. Baka kasi hindi tayo magkablock so sasabihan ka namin ng mga tips." Tumango ako at inabangan ang mga sasabihin nila.

"Una, ilista mo yung mga magaganda mong kaklase tapos ipakila---aw!"

"Puro talaga hangin ang utak mo! Sus, 'wag ka maniwala kay P." sabat ni Rage na kararating lang nananapak na. Tumawa naman si Cello. Habang abala ang iba sa mga kanya-kanya nilang ginagawa.

"Biro lang naman!"

"Basta Ace kapag may umaway sayo awayin mo—oops! Sige Rage makikita mo—"biglang banta ni P.

Napailing nalang kami. Napatigil sila nung tumayo ako at nagpaalam na pupunta sa kwarto ko. Katabing kwarto ko lang pala si Soul habang kaharap namin ay sina Renzo at Rage. Nasa gilid naman ng kusina sila Zion at P. Habang sila Cello at Bill sa may entrance. Si Auee at Max naman doon sa may lounge.

Pagkapasok na pagkapasok ko ay agad akong humilata sa higaan. I grab some snacks at yun lang kinain ko bilang hapunan. Naligo ako ng mabilisan. I changed into my sleeping clothes. A satin short shorts and a satin strapless shirt. Nilatag ko ang gym mat ko at nagstretch ng mga muscles. Madalas ko itong gawin tuwing hindi ako makatulog.

When I got up I heard a loud sound that made me rush out from my room. I saw the entrance door was smashed and some guys with all black uniforms entered. Everybody was shocked. Pati si Soul nga napalabas. Without minding the intruder I grabbed Auee and brought him to where that blade guy is. I faced the intruders. Everybody was fired up for a fight.

"Oh come on! Give me a rest!" sabi ko at dahan-dahan tumakbo ng pabilis para umatake. They all did the same thing. Because of what I'm wearing I can't move that forcefully or else something would be rip or popped out. Napailing nalang ako at nagpatuloy sa pagpapatumba ng iilan sa kanila.

And just like I said since I can't move that freely I got punched at my face and that made me cuss. I heard my roommates call out my name but I signed them that I'm ok. I felt my lips bleeding. There are 20 of them. 8 of them are down and the rest are fighting. Naghanap ako ng pwedeng gamitin panglaban and I saw the broom so I quickly ran towards the broom and hit it with the guys.

"Motherfucker!" rinig kong sabi ni Zion. Woah, I can't believe he can utter such words. I saw someone was about to give Cello a kick from behind so I rushed to give that man a taste of my punch. Tumingin ako sa banda nila Auee. Renzo was pointing his shiny knives with the three guys in front of them. Auee was holding a kitchen knife too.

12 our out. That means 3 of them are at Auee's side and 5 of them are still fighting with my roommates. Soul knocks the man in front of him with a kick and launches another to its colleague. He was damn good. Bill and Max are beating one guy. Rage and Bill were fighting the other two one on one combat. Cello and P were helping Zion since he was hit real time by this guy I am facing who was with a knife.

I focused well when he waved his knife at me. I was going to catch his hand and break it but I need an opening. He launches some attacks but I manage to dodge it without having a wound. I ducked and blocked his foot to make him fall. I immediately stomp at his hand with a knife to loosen it. I got the knife and hit his vital nerve to make him fall asleep.

I looked at the others, they knocked the rest too. The only problem would be the guys right at Renzo and Auee. I rushed over to them but Soul got my hand and he grabbed me inside his room.

"What? No!" I screamed.

I can't open his door. Every knob in every room was designed to be with its owner only. Basically if he doesn't open this door I won't be able to get out. It has a fingerprint scanner. The reason why they can enter my room is because I did not turn it on because I'm a heavy sleeper. I won't wake up, not until you forced me too or I got enough sleep.

I don't feel at ease. I roamed my eyes. His room has a black, gray, and white theme. Almost similar to mine. He's organized and neat. All things are precisely placed. I can tell because he has some figurines facing a certain direction.

I knocked on his door and leaned so that I could hear what was going on outside. It's taking too long. I'm useless in this room. I can't help but to cuss.

Several minutes passed and finally he opened the door. His face was so serious. "What happened? Is everybody alright?" He nodded and closed the door. He grabbed something from the drawer. He grabbed me again to sit. I was a cotton and Vaseline. He gently caressed my lips with the cotton and placed some Vaseline on it.

"Rage was in charge. They are all alright, well Zion was rushed to the clinic. Cello is now checking kung paano nakapasok ang mga 'yon sa school premises." I just looked at him. How can he be made with such a handsome face? Isn't it so unfair?

"Tsk, sorry I wasn't able to back you up." He said slowly while aiding my lips. When he finished I looked for his mirror and looked at it. It looks just fine.

"It's fine. You don't need to worry about me." I smiled. With his serious eyes he stared at my soul.

"I would and I will always worry for you, Arthria."