CHAPTER 23

Who is Ace?

Day 2 and everything seemed fine. Last day Rico was brought to the infirmary to cure his own poison. I heard it's effect was mainly to paralyze it's opponent that would last for a week. But since we got the antidote for it it would only last for two day or three.

"CEU is leading. 289 points. But the other schools are catching up fast too, specifically the GIS. Last year they ranked the least but now I think they're really serious with 276 points." Cello said to the group.

"We need to catch up. Message all the students to take this seriously or our funds will be deducted." Rage said. "Affirmative." Auee said.

"60% of our students can't already fight because of a loss. It's crazy because it's just our second day." Cello added.

"Something's up." Max said. I agree with him. GIS? they must have a new key player who is more capable of beating guys. I smirked as the ideas came up in my head.

"That's easy, we just need to beat those who have higher ranks too." Renzo said. I totally agree with him. "No." I scoffed at the seriousness of his voice.

"That's our trump card. There are new key players in every school and for sure since we only have Ace as the "new" one, they knew about our whereabouts and styles. If we won't be cautious about this then there's a possibility that we would lose." Zion added.

"But we practiced a lot. We've mastered different styles with or without our weapons." P aggressively said. Tumango naman ako. OO nga naman! gusto ko lang talaga makipaglaban~

"That's not the point. We can't afford to be beaten unless it's the last day of this event. As for Ace. She's just stubborn as hell. Don't ever let me know that you've fought anybody today." napangiwi naman ako. Zion on my side chuckles and pulls the hood of my hoodie to cover my head.

"But if something comes out of our hands then we should challenge for a battle." Soul added. My face brightens. His gazed stopped at me and his eyes were warning me to overcome the ideas in my head. I just can't get not to get excited. Do you get me? I mean what's the point of my training if I could not use it?

After our small conference I have Soul with me at my post to "make sure" I'm not making troubles again. But come to think of it. Anyone is in trouble, I mean every student inside the school is challenging someone for a battle why can't we?

"Hey Soul. Shouldn't we spy on GIS rank 10 students? I mean--they're a big threat for us."

"No, they'll come for us." he said. how can he be sure of that? tsk. "I think I'm gonna buy something." I said. He nodded and dragged me to the cafeteria. It doesn't work. I'm trying to lure him away from me! but i don't know how. I pouted and bought some strawberry milk.

"Don't you have something to do? hehe" I asked. "I'm actually guarding you. Just making sure you won't cause any troubles--again." he said in a silly voice. I sighed. I guess he would never go away.

We found some seats and sat on it. Nothing really is going to happen and I'm getting bored. I sighed again but he doesn't even feel bad. He just looked at his phone and ignored me being upset. I am not really like this but I don't know I might really have this side of me. Few moments later he handed me his phone and I frowned.

"You already have my numbe--" he chuckled and ruffled my hair. "Stupid--take a look." I do as he says and I smiled in surprise. His phone was full of games. I snatched his phone and played several of the games in it.

"You're acting like a kid." he said. Is that an insult? "I'm a "kid"."

"No you're not. But you look like one." I looked at him. In my amusement he was smiling. Is he enjoying this? "You're a cute one." pffft~ I want to laugh but he might get offended. I'm sure he practiced these lines! But somehow it made its way into my heart. I feel flattered.

"Hmm--You're bad at telli--" I stopped when someone appeared in front of us sitting right top of the table. I raised my brow. What do he think about his doing? We're just having a real conversation and someone barges in rudely cutting off my line.

"Are you Ace?" He asks Soul. Soul was about to speak out when I placed my hand at the table making a noise.

"Just what the fuck are you doing now?" I angrily asked. He looked at me and smiled. I knew him. He's my previous partner when I was in the US. Also my partner in all of my missions when I got back here in the Philippines.

"I challenged you into a match Camilla." He said. "But first I need to beat this Ace." he diverted his attention to Soul.

"No need. Just face me already." I smirked. "You are not all--" I raised my pointing finger at Soul. "I'm really pissed right now. If you say another word I'll beat you too." I dragged the guy in front of the Royale scanner. Soul just closed its eyes in madness. I took off my hoodie because this is going to be hell. Revealing my neon green sports bra. I knew I was breaking some dress code but this fight would be long and I don't want my favorite hoodie to be sweaty. I tapped the scanner.

"Ace. Rank 3 of CEU. 2579 points." I saw him riled up when he heard the name "Ace" which is me.

"Grim. Rank 1 of GIS. 2908 points." this brat! He ranked more than me huh? tsked. I'll beat the hell out of him for ruining my conversation with Soul.

"Long time no see, Reaper." he said, stripping his polo. The girls were looking at him. Rumors spread too fast. I can see my roommates from different angles.

"Shut up, Riley." I said. I knew he improved a lot this past few years that we've been away. But I trust myself too. But this time..

I might lose.. for real.