CHAPTER 18

Date Crusher

"No, I can't just leav--"

"Why Arth? You really want to date that much? Please mind your safeness first before doing reckless things."

"W-wait! She's my friend. What's wrong with me hanging out with her? And what's with you? you've been trying your best to avoid me and now—tsk. Stop giving me nonsense talks." I turned the call off and looked at Savannah who's now in shock.

"What an actual f*ck. That's a lot of words." She said. I calmed myself. "Just some random pers---"

"Hi, can I sit with you?" napatigil ako nang may sumingit. I looked at the man. My jaw dropped when I saw his serious face just now! Is he being serious? this is so unreasonable!

"Wh-What are you doing?" I asked him but he ignored me. Savannah gave him the like sign which means he can sit with us. He sat beside me and thanked Savannah.

"Excuse us for a moment, Savannah." I stood up firmly and grabbed his hand. He followed me while I still had his hand. I grabbed him outside where nobody would hear us.

"What's with you? What are you doing? Explain." May diin kong sabi. He just looked at me intently and for a minute he sighed and started to talk.

"This is a public place. There's a lot of people who can harm you. Napakaraming kaaway ng pamilya niyo dahil sa business niyo and you just walked around without taking the measures." He gritted his teeth. I looked shocked from what he told me.

"I can handle mysel—" he hissed and looked at me.

"That's not gonna work from now on. Anc will get you if something bad happens to you and I can't let that happen. Not again." He looked much more serious now. I sighed. I know that too, Anc will do anything that he wants. No words can break his mind when he has already made it up.

"I have my reasons. Can't I spend time with my friend just because my life is in danger?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"You could have told me! Sasamahan kita!"

"Wow, says by the man who keeps avoiding me after I recover."

"You know I want to keep you. As long as you're within my sight I can assure your safetiness." I understand where he's coming from. He's just guilty from what happened last time. It's nothing special, I know. But my heart just keeps pounding so fast.

How dare he? How could he say those words so easily? Doesn't he know that with just his looks girls go scream and crazy for him? Well I'm an exception. But those words—they feel so heavy yet it flutters me.

"F-Fine! I'll be on your sight from now on. Let's go back. Savannah does some weird stuff when she has no one to talk to."

He followed me quietly. With just walking like that he catches too many attentions. Girls really take time to have a look upon him but he doesn't care at all. He's eye candy. With his pants and a racer shirt he totally stands out with his looks.

"Perhaps you're Soul guy?" blunt na tanong ni Savannah. He nod at her and stared blankly. What do I expect? Hindi nga siya masyadong nagsasalita sa amin n aka dormmate niya. Savannah calls every person she's not too close in their names with either a "guy" or "girl" in the last.

"I'm Savannah, Ark's girlfriend."

"You know—my bestfriend is not that type who speaks a lot of words but when she talked to you—I outnumbered the words she spoke." She takes a sip from her juice. It's just getting more awkward. I knew Savannah would tell him something about me or make him spill about something. I just wish he would not answer her.

"She's a badass. She dated a lot back in Us when Anc sent her there to be homeschooled. I met her at the club, actually. She got into fights and I was her bailer."

"I know her. Just get to the point." I was even more shocked when he said those words. How can he possibly know that? Savannah's smirk was getting darker. I was caught off guard.

"Do you like her?"