[CHAPTER 11]

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥:
[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 11]

Taehyung's point of view

"I'm really sorry" I kept apologizing, she was super shocked and I could see it in her eyes.
"Taehyung... I have a boyfriend..." she said back and I got nervous.
"Im so sorry... I... lets just not talk about this ever again, okay?" I said, stressing out.
She looked away, still with her eyes wide open.
"I should leave..." I kept saying, feeling super uncomfortable.
"You probably should..." She said back as I stood up.
"Sorry" I said one last time before walking out of the student's garden.

My heart was beating so fast. I don't even know why I did it.
The first excuse that came up to my mind was the competition. I thought that the competition is stuck in my head without even me thinking about it, so that's what made me feel the urge to kiss her. But it wasn't really the competition. I guess I was starting to grow something for her, and I kept denying it nonstop.

Sometimes, the competition messes me up so bad.
It messed my relationship with Olivia.
I mean, you must be wondering how I won the competition for three years if I had a relationship with Olivia- well, here the story begins.

Olivia and I knew each other since we were eight years old. I'm not even sure how we've met, but I know that we just liked spending time with each other.
As we grew up, we understood that there is something more between us, but always denied it.
My relationship with Olivia wasn't always serious. We would usually just use each other for making out and one night stands. There was nothing more than that, until the year before her death came.
At that year, we decided to be together and have a serious relationship, and she told me how she really wanted this to work. But because of the competition, I ended up cheating on Olivia uncountable times, but she didn't find out. I never understood the value of a serious loving relationship, because I was never in one before. I loved Olivia so much, but I didn't know my limits.
One time, Olivia was gone for a week because she was traveling with her parents.
We saw each other every single day, so it was weird not seeing her around.
The first day of her being away has passed, and I felt so empty. It felt as if she was gone for so long even though it has only been a day.
And after the second day passed, I started losing it.
I missed her so much, so much that I couldn't sleep at night without thinking about her.
I kept thinking about her everyday, and that was the time when I realized I was so deeply in love with her, and nothing could change that.
It was the moment I knew I have to stop with the competition and the betrayal.
And I did.
I focused on Olivia, and Olivia only.

When she came back, we spent everyday together and had a good time.
I never looked at other girls when I realized she is the one.
When I stopped with the competition, I finally really understood the meaning of our relationship.

But one day, Olivia found out.
She found out about everything.
About the competition, about the betrayals.
She figured it out from one of the girls who accidentally blurted out something about me and her kissing.

I remember the strong slap she gave me as if it was yesterday.
We had our biggest fight, and we broke up.
"THE WHOLE SCHOOL KNOWS YOU WERE CHEATING AND NOBODY BOTHERED TO TELL ME?! WHY AM I THE ONE WHO FINDS OUT LAST, HUH?!" She yelled at me after slapping me, her voice broke several times.
My biggest fear was her finding out about all of my mistakes. I was full of regret. but I guess I couldn't hide the truth.
Not even gonna lie, I was a jerk. Probably the worst boyfriend anyone could ask for.
And it saddens me that I only realized too late what true love means.
I tried to explain it to her, but I sounded like a fool.

That was the end of my relationship with Olivia.
I've tried to reach and text her many times, but she pushed me away and ignored me completely, as if I was a ghost.

After a couple of days, I realized she was having sex with the guy I hated the most. His name is James.
She did it as a payback, because she knew I'm still in love with her, and she knew how much I hated that guy.
It drove me insane and made me break things in my room.
I was furious, can't remember being that angry ever in my life.
Namjoon and Jimin tried to calm me down, but I pushed them away. I was mad at her. I was mad at everyone.

After three days, Olivia texted me to meet her at the student's garden at night. She said it was super important, but I was so angry at her.
I didn't answer any of her calls or texts.
She said she'll wait for me there in case I change my mind and come.
I kept thinking about if I should come or not, and eventually, I decided to come.
I dressed up and walked in the dark hall, getting into the student's garden slowly.
And guess what?
She wasn't there.
I've waited and waited, but she never showed up.
It made me get angrier. I couldn't believe she bailed on me.

And exactly the day after, I saw many cops getting into the school, or particularly- into Olivia's room.
Everyone were confused, no one had any idea what happened.
The school workers told us to stay in our rooms, and we did.
I was stressing out because of Olivia, I had no idea why the cops got into her room.
After the entire school spent a whole day at their rooms, the workers informed that Olivia committed suicide.

I thought my heart could no longer beat again.
I was furious, sad, broken, confused. My heart was shattered into billions of pieces.
I had so many emotions inside me, I didn't know how or what to feel anymore.
I was angry at Olivia. But I wanted her to come back.
I didn't know why she did what she did, and I couldn't do anything but to take the blame on myself.
I thought she was selfish for taking her own life without thinking about the ones who love her.

She changed me.
And her being dead, changed me even more.

When the police realized it was a murder, I was the first one to go to an investigation because I was the last person she texted. I'm still one of the suspects, but I promise I didn't do it.
Another bad thing that can be used against me, is that I wasn't in my room that night because I went to meet Olivia even thought she didn't show up. I wasn't in my room at the night of the murder.

Your point of view

I can't believe he tried to kiss me, I was so shocked.
It was the only thing I thought about all night, I couldn't get that off my mind.
I thought about it in bed after I got back to my room, and somehow managed to sleep.

The next day came, and I felt so weird.
The last person I wanted to see was Taehyung, I was embarrassed.
I got dressed and went straight to class, hoping not to bump into him, but what can I say. I'm not a lucky person.
I really tried to avoid him, but he approached me slowly and I turned around.
"Hey... why are you avoiding me?" He said, I guess I was too obvious.
"What? Me? I'm n-not avoiding y-you" I stuttered, I was so bad at lying.
He smirked.
"Yea anyway... I need your help. Can you meet me up in the storage after class?" He asked and it was so awkward.
"Storage?" I said, I wasn't really thinking, I just wanted the conversation to be over.
"Yea... the storage where we did the work back then" he kept saying, raising one of his eyebrows slowly.
"O-oh Yea sure..." I replied. He looked at me and giggled.
"You're blushing" he said, he could see that I was embarrassed.
"Just... meet me up" he kept talking as he winked at me, and then went to talk to his friends.