Chapter 1 - Into Town

A/N: So here is some of my new story. I'm going to be posting a few chapters today since I'll be gone camping the rest of the week and don't know if I'll be able to post. 

Alexandra POV

Today is the day that the royal family is supposed to travel into town for the annual fall festival that happens in our small kingdom every year. Our kingdom of Bethland was founded in the year 1053 and we are celebrating our thousandth anniversary.

I married a woman and as of right now we don't have any children, but both sets of parents are still alive as well as our siblings and their children. Adelaide and myself were both concerned with coming out to our parents let alone our kingdom, but everyone took the news extremely well. That also didn't deter our mothers from asking about grandchildren.

Luckily for us, our parents were also accepting of the fact that we were caregivers in search for a little. Our kingdom has been rather progressive in the idea of caregivers and littles, and both Addie and I's siblings either have a little or have been tossing around the idea if their children were getting older. My sister is older than me and was the rightful heir to the crown, but she really didn't want it. She had children who were coming into their teenage years and really wanted to use that time to spend with her husband and children. Addie's brother and his wife on the other hand didn't have children but do have two littles themselves.

Addie and I have been struggling to find a little though. After taking the role my parents led for many years it became even harder for us to find a little. There were so many fake littles that only wanted our money and the benefits from being royalty. We have yet to find a true little that only wants us for our love.

I'm staring out the window of the car as we arrive into the town when Adelaide grabs my attention by resting her hand on my thigh. Looking over to her I stop to admire her long dark brown hair and her brown almost black eyes. She is absolutely stunning and quite the opposite of my long blonde hair and green eyes. Luckily not many have questioned our ability to rule our kingdom as our height alone is intimidating to many with myself standing at 6 foot even and my wife hovering around the 5'8 mark.

Those who did question our abilities mostly focused on how young we were at the time to take over, but now that I am 32 and Addie is 29, many have long forgotten that was an issue. However, at our age now, with our kingdom in order all we can think about is finding a little to cherish. We don't have a preference on what he or she looks like, if the little is a he or she, or what headspace they may fall into. All we want is a little of our own to take care of.

"Alex!" Addie shouted at me causing to shake my head to rid my thoughts.

I gave her a sorry smile, "I'm sorry sweetheart, what were you saying?"

She just chuckled and kissed my cheek, "Well I asked if you were excited for the festival, but clearly I should ask what has you so distracted?"

I kissed her cheek back like she had done to me, "Just thinking about our past and our future." I told her vaguely.

"Alex..." Addie started in on me before I interrupted.

"Addie..." I replied back causing her to glare at me and grab my hand.

"Talk to me Alex. What's in that beautiful brain of yours?" Addie asked genuinely curious.

I sighed before kissing the back of the hand that was grasping onto mine. "Just thinking about how far we have come since we took over the kingdom 7 years ago... And the fact that we still don't have a little."

Addie gave me a gentle smile, "You know the perfect little will come to us one day. We just have to be patient."

I groaned knowing she was right. "I know, it's just hard seeing your brother and his wife have little's and we don't."