Ch.38 - Healing

Savannah POV

It had officially been long enough of people carrying me so I decided it was time for me to walk again. Don't get me wrong, I love being carried, but I also like sneaking away to do stuff. This morning I have a perfect opportunity.

Mommies were snuggled super close while we slept, but as soon as Momma got up to shower, that was my chance to make a break for it.

I quietly spaced myself out slowly from mommy before I fully got out of bed. I went to my room to slip on some socks before heading downstairs to the kitchen. I decided to get a tub of ice cream out because mommies had been limiting how much junk food I could have. At first they were super cool when I got back, but now they want me to save this stuff for dessert. Who would do that?

I got a tub out of the freezer and a spoon before making my way into the living room to watch Mary Poppins Returns. I probably made it half way through the movie and ¾ of the way through the ice cream before I inevitably fell asleep.

Adelaide POV

I woke up groaning reaching out for Savannah with my eyes closed since I couldn't feel her anymore. When I felt nothing, my eyes quickly shot open. She wasn't there.

"Savannah? Savannah where are you?" I start shouting as Alex comes out of the bathroom.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Alex asked me and I told her Savannah was gone.

She seemed to look a bit panicked, "Go check in her room, I'll send out a group chat." I nodded my head and went to look in Savannah's room, but she wasn't in there either.

I came back into my room, "Nothing?" My wife asked and I shook my head. No one else she had texted had seen her either.

"Okay, you go check the living room and I'll check the kitchen. If she's not there either, we'll check the play room and the gardens. If she's not there either, then the guards will have to get involved to look through the castle." Alex told me quickly before we both ran our separate ways.

I finally made it to the living room that we always go to when I peak over the couch and see my little one passed out asleep with a tub of ice cream near her face. I sent a picture to Alex to let her know I have her.

I moved the tub of ice cream before picking her up and holding her close. She started to wake up, not giving me time to push back the tears that are falling. I know she wasn't far, but it just reminded me so much of when we actually lost her.

"Mommy? Why you cry?" Savannah asked groggily as she tried to wipe my tears away.

I let out a soft chuckle as I kissed her forehead, each of her cheeks, and then her nose. "Mommy got really scared, so when I found you, I was so happy that it made me cry." I told her trying to not let onto why I was scared.

She furrowed her cute little brows, "Why mommy scared?" She asked and I knew I had to be truthful.

"I got scared because when I woke up this morning you were gone. I didn't know where you were and neither did anyone else. You know you always have to tell us where you are, especially when you're little baby." I tried to explain to her.

"Why did you run off this morning pumpkin?" I asked trying to figure out what's going on in her head.

She tucked her face into the crook of my neck, "Wanted ice cweam. Momma an you put a limit on me an I no like." She pouted causing me to laugh a bit.

"Baby, we put a limit because you need other food than junk food in your little tummy. We said you could still have small amounts for dessert. However, you don't get any sweets for the next four days." I told her sternly and her mouth fell open.

"Four days? Mommy no, why so long?" She whined and I rocked back and fourth with her.

"Well today counts as day one because you have already had it this morning. By the looks of the tub, you at about ¾ of it so that means three extra days. It's your punishment pumpkin. You always have to tell momma and I where you are going. You know this, it's been a rule since you first slipped and this isn't the first time it's happened." I explained and she frowned but nodded nonetheless.

"I'm sorry Mommy." She said quietly and I kissed her temple.

"I know you are. It's okay babes, I just want you to realize what momma and I think about every time you are gone and we don't know where you are or why." I told her causing her to nod.

"I know mommy. I do better." She said quietly.

I smiled at her, "That's all I can ask sweetie."

We stayed cuddled up for awhile finishing the movie when Alex ran in. "Savannah Amelia Brixton! Do you know how scared we were?"

"Babe, I've already talked to her and gave her her punishment. You're a little late to the game." I chuckled a bit.

She looked embarrassed, "Oh, sorry. I started running into the people I texted this morning and got held up."

"Momma, why you say Brixton? Dat's not my last name. It Morton." Savannah told her momma confused and I widened my eyes at the realization. We weren't supposed to be talking about this so soon.

Alex's eyes widened as well. "We've been meaning to talk to you about that Sav," I started in since it was clear Alex was at a lost.

Savannah looked up at me expectantly. "We want to adopt you and change your last name. Obviously only if you want to. You are still our daughter no matter what."

Savannah tilted her head, "But I over 18?" I nodded knowing where she was going with this, finally Alex snapped out of her trance.

"Yes, but there's a thing called and adult adoption. Meaning if you need certain medical or legal things done, then mommy and I can legally allow or not allow it to be done." Alex then explained.

Savannah nodded her head, "I want. It make me official." She said with a little smile on her face.

Alex came over and sat next to us kissing Savannah's forehead. "It would make you official, but we don't need a piece of paper for it to be official to mommy and I. We love you baby girl."

Savannah smiled brightly, "I love you mommy and momma!" She shouted as she tried to hug both of us.

"I'm going to miss carrying you 24/7 little one. Then I at least knew where you were." Alex said causing me to smile and Savannah to giggle.