Ch. 13 - Freak Out

Savannah POV

Harry had just told me that my father was the reason I didn't have a mother. "No no no. Dat's not wight!" I yell at both of them while tears escape my eyes and I start hyperventilating.

"Honey it's okay. Just try to calm your breathing." Danielle said trying to get me to look at her. I wiggled away from her and fell off the bar stool yelping in surprise when I hit the floor.

"Sweetheart. Are you okay?" Danielle said as she jumped from her stool and crouched down to the floor.

I shook my head, "S'ay 'way. Wan mommies." I whined out. When Danielle looked up to Harry on what she should do I took that as my chance to make a run for it. Before either one knew what was happening I was out the door and in the hallway.

I just had to figure out where mommy and momma were. I checked the throne room first, but they weren't there. I then checked one of the living rooms, but they still weren't there. Finally I peaked into one of the conference rooms and saw momma sitting at the head of the table with other people surrounding the table.

I was no longer sobbing, but I was still definitely crying. I ran over to her and her eyes widened when she saw me. "Momma!" I cried into her chest and she picked me up to hold me close.

Alexandra POV

Savannah had just come in during my meeting crying. She had also clearly slipped. I'm thankful that everyone that I meet with on a regular basis are completely understanding so they didn't say anything except continue the meeting.

I was trying to rock her back and forth, but she wasn't quieting down any. I pulled out a pink pacifier that I keep in my pocket if I ever need it. She hasn't used a paci yet, but this may be a good time to start. I popped it into her mouth and she let it sit there for a minute before attempting to use it.

She found a good rhythm and slowly calmed down. I continued rocking her until the meeting was over. I stopped cradling her and moved her to sit in my lap straddling me. She whined at me and put her head back on my chest.

I sighed, "Baby, can you tell momma what made you so upset?" I ask trying to pry out of her what happened.

"Nee' mommy too." She mumbled from around her paci. I nodded and pulled my phone out to send a text to Addie to meet us in our room.

I stand up and move Savannah over to my hip before walking upstairs towards the rooms. "Okay sweetheart. We are going to meet mommy in our bedroom. Let's get your stuffie first." We stop in her room and I grab her stuffed elephant off the bed before taking her into my room.

I put her in the middle of the bed before walking into my bathroom and coming back out with a warm wet washcloth to get what appeared to be ice cream off of her face. As I'm cleaning Savannah's face, the door open and Addie rushes in.

"What happened?" Addie asks concerned while sitting herself on the bed.

I set the washcloth down before sitting next to Savannah. "That's just what we were going to find out." I look over to Savannah, "Savannah? Do you want to tell us what happened." I went ahead and removed the paci causing her to pout.

"I was wit Hawry an' Dani. Hawry 'old me dat my dad kill my mom. He 'aid dat my mom is his sissy." Savannah said before she started crying again causing both Addie and I to hug her tightly.

"I'm so sorry sweetie. He shouldn't have talked to you about any of that since we weren't with you. We don't know for sure if anything he said is true. Okay? You're our baby and we will protect you. If you don't want to know then we won't look into it, if you do we will. Okay sweetie?" I asked her. She nodded before cuddling up to me more. Addie had moved up next to Savannah's other side and was rubbing her back.

"Why don't you stay in here with mommy, maybe take a nap? I'm going to go talk to your Aunt Dani and Uncle Harry." I told Savannah causing her to release my shirt and nod before turning over to cuddle into Addie.

I kissed her head before walking out of the room to find my sister.

Adelaide POV

Al just left to talk to her sister and brother-in-law leaving me with Savannah. "Come on sweetheart. Let's sit you up and I can get you out of those clothes and into my nightgown." She nodded and sat up. She helped me get her pants off by wiggling and then she put her arms up in the air for her shirt to come off.

She let out a yelp when the sleeve got caught on her hand. "Sweetie, can I see your hand?" She looked a bit hesitant, but stuck her hand out anyways. I looked it over and it didn't seem broken. There was no swelling, no discoloration, and just a tiny bruise. "Okay hun, I think it's just sprained. I'll have someone bring some ice up. Will you tell me what happened?"

She put her arms up as I put one of my nightgowns on her and nodded. "Was twrying to ge' 'way fwom Dani. Fell off stool." I nodded and kissed her head. It was probably while they were scaring her with her dad being a possible murderer.

I handed her her elephant along with the paci which she popped into her mouth. I then laid down and she crawled over and laid down on top of me causing me to chuckle. "You want to be close sweetie?" She had her eyes closed and her elephant tucked under her arm, but she still nodded.

I pulled the blanket up over us and rubbed her back to lull her into sleep. I can't believe she might be Helena's daughter. I had known Helena for awhile since Dani had been with Harry the whole time I have known her. It was hard on the both of them when they found out Helena was murdered.

It truly makes me question on how Savannah was treated by her father. She seemed really upset finding out her father murdered her mother, but who wouldn't be. It also makes me question why he never mentioned Savannah to Helena's family. They were the ones who had him arrested. The fact that he left a five year old girl by herself is sickening.

Both of Harry's parents are still alive along with his older brother Henry and older sister Hope. Harry and Helena were both the babies of the family and everyone in the family has fiery red hair just like Savannah and Harry. I'm sure they will want to meet her. I just hope they don't try to take away Alex and I's baby. She's over 18, so ultimately she can decide, but I still don't like the idea of possibly losing her to her biological family.