Ch. 39 - Family Matters

Savannah POV

I can't believe mommies want to adopt me! I want to tell everyone and go get everything together as soon as possible.

"Mommy, momma! We go do it now?" I asked continuing our conversation. Both women smiled at me clearly happy that I was so enthusiastic about being adopted.

"How about we go into town tomorrow little one? That way we can get all of the paperwork together and maybe make an appointment." Momma explained.

I nodded my head, "Otay, dat fair. We tell da fam doe?"

"You are okay with telling the family?" Mommy asked me and I tilted my head confused.

"Why not?" I asked curious if they don't want to tell them.

Momma sighed, "Well, we weren't expecting you to be so willing and ready to do it. We expected you to need some time to think it over."

I shook my head, "No need time. You my mommies, want e'ryone to know." I stated proudly causing both women to get teary eyed.

I tried to wipe both their tears away. "No cry mommies." They both took a hand and kissed the palm.

"We go tell fam?" I asked starting to get a little more impatient. They both nodded with a smile before saying we could go into the family room.

As I started to get up I was quickly swept off my feet by momma. "Nope, you don't get to walk right now because I want to carry my baby." She said as I was giggling.

They had already texted for everyone to meet in the family room so by the time we arrived everyone was already there. I had calmed down some and tucked my head under momma's chin as she held me securely.

All of the family was there, including grandparents but excluding Dani's kids. Everyone sat down except for mommies and I. "So we have a little bit of an announcement," Momma started but I couldn't let her finish.

"I'M BEIN' ADOPTED!" I shouted happily. Everyone in the room looked confused so my smile quickly became a frown.

Mommy chuckled awkwardly, "Inside voices baby." I quietly apologized before the rest of the room started talking. Mommy's family seemed pleased along with Momma's parents. Hopey and her parents not as much.

Alexandra POV

"What are you talking about?" Holly asked.

I swayed Savannah in my arms, "We are going to legally adopt Savannah through an adult adoption. It basically just gives us the right to decide things for her medically and legally if she is unable to." I explained.

"But doesn't that right fall with her family?" Harold then spoke up causing everyone in the room to quiet down.

"We are her family Harold. Just because we aren't blood doesn't make us any less family. If I recall correctly, it was her blood family that caused her to get injured in the first place." I snapped at him getting shocked expressions from everyone.

I felt Addie place a hand on my arm, "Babe..." I could tell she was trying to reel me back in.

"I'm sorry. It just upsets me when people claim you and I aren't her family when we are just as much if not more her family than anyone else here besides maybe Hope. We have cared and loved this little girl the entire time she has been with us. She's our daughter no matter what a piece of paper says." I continued and everyone in the room nodded choosing not to argue.

"Dey my mommies. I wan' it be official an has dere last name." Savannah spoke up in our defense.

"You're having her take your last name?" Hope finally spoke and before I could answer Savannah happily told her yes. I could see the look of hurt on Hope's face when she excused herself. I think Savannah could tell too because she was instantly upset seeing her walk out the door.

"Momma, 'et me down p'ease." Savannah said politely and I let her down knowing she was going to follow Hope out the door. Sure enough she practically ran out the door after her 'Hopey'.

Savannah POV

Chasing after Hope pulled me out of headspace. "Hope wait!" I yelled down the hall since she was so far ahead of me. She stopped before slowly turning around. Even from a distance you could tell she was upset.

As soon as I got close I pulled her into a hug without saying anything. "I'm sorry for not talking to you." I mumbled into her chest.

We pulled away and I could see tears in her eyes. "Hope, what's wrong? You love Addie and Alex. You were the one I thought would be most happy for me." I told her and she sighed as she walked towards the wall and slid down with me close behind following her actions.

"I just... I just always thought that if we were ever to find you, that you would come live with me. I know that's crazy and I see how much joy the Queen's bring you and how much joy you bring them and I would never ever want to take that away from you. I guess just knowing you will legally be their daughter makes me realize the idea in my head would never happen." Hope told me truthfully as some tears slipped out and I wiped them away.

"Hopey..." I said taking one of her hands. "Just because they are adopting me doesn't mean anything is going to change. You are still my aunt Hopey who I love to the moon and back. You are still going to be in my daily life. You're still going to technically live with me. Our relationship as aunt and niece is so strong and I don't think we could have had that same kind of relationship if you came in as my mother figure." I told her truthfully and I could tell she didn't know how to process that.

I moved her arm and cuddled into her side. "You deserve a little that is going to see you as their mom. Big or small. You deserve to have that kind of connection with someone and I know you will. Please tell me you're okay with this and you aren't mad at me?" I asked on the verge of a panic attack.

She could sense it and pulled me into a hug. "Of course I'm okay with it sweetie. All I have ever wanted was for you to be happy. I know I'll find a little one day, but until then, I get to spoil you rotten." She said as she kissed the top of my head.

"I know it's a lot to ask, but we are going into town tomorrow to make it official. It would be nice to have you there, supporting us, supporting me." I spoke quietly.

She smiled at me and gave me a big hug, "Of course I'll be there honey. I will always be there for you."

"I love you Aunt Hopey. I'll never leave you." I promised. She let out a content sigh as she rested her head on top of mine and reciprocated my feelings.