Ch. 46 - Mommy Time

A/N: I missed Savannah/Mommies cute stuff, so here's a chapter on that. 

Savannah POV

"Why didn't you want to go play with them baby?" Mommy asked me as she rocked us back and forth in the chair.

"Wan'ed s'ay wit you mommy. Need cuddles." I told her quietly.

"Is everything okay baby?" Mommy asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

She placed her hand on my forehead and her eyes widened, "Baby, you're burning up. Does anything hurt?"

"My head an my tummy is hurtty mommy." I whined a little to her. She nodded her head before reaching over to her drawer and pulling out a thermometer. She ran it across my forehead.

"103.7, crap." She mumbled before looking up at me with a fake smile.

"Well why don't we get you into a cool bath will momma gets you some medicine? I'll text her right now." She said as she carried us off into the bathroom and got the bath ready.

She started the water and set her phone down before getting me undressed. She set me into the water and I instantly reached back up for her, but she just shook her head.

"Mommy!" I cried for her and she held my hand.

"Mommy, out! Cold mommy!" I sobbed out to her and I could tell this was hard for her.

She kissed my forehead as she scooped the cold water onto my body. I cried harder, "I know baby. I'm so sorry, but we need to get your temperature down. Momma's on her way with medicine and once she gets here, we'll get you out."

I cried hard trying to push my face into her chest. "I know baby. I promise you it's not actual cold water. Your body is just really hot right now so it's making you think this water is cold. I'm so sorry baby." I could hear mommy sniffling which made me feel even worse.

"What can I do pumpkin?" She said as I saw a few tears escape.

If it's really not cold then she should be able to bathe with me, "Baff mommy, need cuddles." I cried.

She nodded her head before quickly getting undressed. She stepped in behind me, sitting down she pulled me on top of her and kissed my forehead again. I cried on her chest as she scooped more water onto me.

"It's okay baby, just a little bit longer." Mommy pushed me towards her exposed nipple and I latched on in hopes it would provide me comfort. Luckily it did, and I was still attached when I heard the door open.

"Oh my poor girls," I heard momma say. "Her medicine is ready by the bed." She spoke up again as she was grabbing two towels. Mommy unlatched me and handed me over to momma who had a towel waiting.

Momma wrapped the towel around me and carried me into the bedroom. She dried me off and put me in only a diaper. "Momma?" I cried pointing at my naked body.

"You need to stay nakey at least until we get your fever down okay sweets?" I cried, but nodded nonetheless.

Mommy came out of the bathroom and her eyes looked red from crying. I felt bad knowing I did this.

"Mommy!" I cried out for her and she climbed into bed with me.

She pulled me into her lap and I could tell she wanted to break down, "I'm so sorry baby girl, mommy is so sorry."

I cuddled into her and kissed her cheek as I pushed back my sniffles, "It okay mommy, you twying take cares of me. I love you." I told her trying to make her feel better.

She kissed the top of my head, "I love you to baby."

"Alright sweetie, I crushed some meds up into this smoothie bowl like we did last time since it worked." Momma said as she started to spoon feed me. After I finished the bowl, I yawned and got more comfortable on mommy as I started to drift to slip.

Alexandra POV

Savannah just fell asleep after the bath and taking her meds. I looked at my disheveled wife and gave her soft kiss on her temple. "It's okay babe, Savannah is fine, she still clearly loves you since she's koala hugging you now." Right before she fell asleep, Savannah shifted to lay on Addie's front.

"I made her cry Al. I put her in that bath and made her sob. She begged me, begged me to take her out and I didn't. What kind of mom am I?" Addie asked looking like she was going to cry again.

I couldn't pull her into my arms since our little one was cuddling her, so I grabbed her hand. "You Adelaide Rose Brixton are a wonderful mother," She rolled her eyes as I continued. "You are. Great mothers hear their baby crying and get so upset that they are in literal tears, but you still did what was best for her. You knew if you didn't get her temperature down in time before it started to climb it could be disastrous. You even got into that luke warm bath water with your baby because she needed you."

I continued, "Addie, Savannah absolutely loves you. She was just upset tonight, but she is still cuddling with you. She could have been upset enough to ignore you, but she didn't. You are who she gets the most comfort from."

Addie furrowed her brows, "You aren't saying she loves me more, because that's not true. She loves us both equally."

I chuckled a little bit, "I know she does, but she gets different things from us both. She gets more comfort from you and you are the one who she bumped into originally, so she had a connection to you first. She gets playfulness and running around from me and snuggles and comfort from you. She knows we will both provide her with both, but she knows who likes what more. There's no doubt in my mind that she loves us both, but when she's hurting she needs you. You are a wonderful mother, so please do not doubt yourself on that. It's been awhile, so why don't we take her temperature?" I asked as I reached over and grabbed the thermometer.

I ran it across her forehead and smiled at the results, "97.6, see, by you getting her into that tub as quick as you did is what helped. I love you Addie and I love our little girl. We have a perfect family, okay?"

She leaned over and kissed my lips, "Okay, I love you too Al. You are what holds us together."