Ch. 40 - Cuddles

Savannah POV

I was still sitting in the hallway cuddled with Hopey feeling like I was going to slip when mommies came down the hallway. I looked up when I heard voices and smiled seeing them. "Hi mommies!" I shouted when they got near us and they smiled at me and Hopey.

Mommy was the first of the two to sit down with us. She looked over to Hopey, "Hope, I'm sorry we didn't talk to you before we talked to the whole family. We didn't even plan on telling her this soon, but when she disappeared this morning Alex slipped up and used our last name instead of her old last name."

I could feel Hopey nod, "It's okay. I just wasn't prepared for it so I got upset. I was telling Savannah that I always thought if we were to ever find her that she would come live with me." Hope started and I looked over to mommies whose faces were unreadable.

"It's okay, I promise I'm not going to steal her away. I see how happy and loved she is by you two and I see how much she loves you. I would never ever take her away from that because after her life, she deserves that. She helped me see that our relationship wouldn't be as strong as it is if I was supposed to come in as the mother figure instead of aunt." Hope continued.

"I saids she should has a yittle who only see her as mom. I sees her as aunty. Dats no fair to her." I mumbled and I felt Hopey kiss my head as mommies smiled at us.

"But I told her until that day, then I get to spoil her rotten." Hopey said as she tickled me throwing me into a fit of giggles.

Eventually she let up because it was time for us to all get up. "I hope you guys realize though that my stay is going to be a bit more permanent now." Hope told them as she picked me up and placed me on her hip.

Momma chuckled a bit, "Yeah, we kind of figured between you and Savannah's bond and the fact that you are dating my sister that you weren't going to be leaving. That's perfectly fine; however, I do recommend you move into my sister's suite when you start sleeping in the same bed. She has moved out of her and Harry's old room into a new suite. It's a lot nicer than her old one or your bedroom." Momma told Hopey with a little grin.

I heard Hopey mumble out a quiet thank you before I spoke up. "Mommy, momma, I asked Hopey if she come tomorrow. Dat okay?"

Mommy kissed my temple, "That's perfectly fine baby girl. Maybe we can all go explore in the town a bit as well?"

As we walking down the hallway Aunt Dani popped out of one of the bedrooms. "Hey Hope, can you come in here with me?" Hope furrowed her brows but nonetheless handed me off to Momma and followed Dani into the room.

I smiled seeing I was in Momma's arms. "Hi momma," I said quietly as I held onto her. She rested her head on top of mine.

"Hi baby. Mommy and I have a surprise for you." Momma told me, but I was starting to feel tired so I just nodded my head with a smile.

Momma shot mommy a worried glance, but continued to carry me up to a room. They opened a door that led to a balcony. I lifted my head off of momma's chest as I looked around at the view.

"It so pwetty." I said quietly and both women smiled at me.

"It is isn't pumpkin?" Mommy said as she took me out of momma's arms and swayed back and forth. I just nodded my head before laying it back onto mommy's chest. They both sat down and mommy situated me to be straddling her legs with our fronts together.

"Do you want some lemonade baby?" Momma asked as she poured her and mommy a glass.

"No t'ank you momma." I said as I shook my head slowly. The more tired I got, the more my head hurt.

I heard a little sigh escape one of them, but then felt mommy rub my back. "That's okay honey. Why don't you just rest?" Mommy said quietly to me.

I nodded, but it didn't take long for me to fall asleep in her arms.

Adelaide POV

"Do you think something is wrong?" My wife asked me when we saw Savannah was asleep.

"I don't know. She's pretty good about telling us nowadays. Maybe the concussion is still affecting her slightly. It was a pretty hectic morning with a lot of emotions that could have made her tired and if she had a headache it could have made it worse. I don't know if you noticed, but when she would nod or shake her head, it was a tiny movement. Nothing like her big, happy ones." I told Alex quietly.

"That would make sense. Poor baby, we'll need to get her some medicine when we get inside." Alex responded.

"Yeah, but she absolutely hates the liquid medicine. Maybe we can crush up the pills and put it in a smoothie or something." I continued.

Alex smiled at me, "That may actually work. Well, it's getting a bit chilly and she doesn't have on a jacket so we should take her inside. I'm glad I at least got to show her the balcony before she fell asleep." I chuckled a little at that. Even before the concussion she was our sleepy little baby.

I carried her down to her bedroom and laid her in her crib. She hasn't used it until now and I figured since she was little earlier that this would be an okay place for her to nap. Alex went to her office as I headed downstairs to get a smoothie bowl ready.

I placed that baby monitor on my belt and made my way to the kitchen. I had just finished putting the medicine in the bowl when I heard crying from the monitor. With the bowl in tow, I hurriedly made my way back upstairs to Savannah's room.

Her face was bright red and tears were streaming down her face. The sight broke my heart. I set the bowl down on her nightstand and quickly went to lift Savannah out of her crib.

I rocked her back and forth while pushing strands out of her face. "Sweetheart, shh, it's okay. Mommy's here baby. You are okay, I promise." I made my way over to her adult bed, laying down on it as I pulled her up to my chest continuing to try and calm her down.

She was still extremely upset so I stripped myself of my shirt and hers and she instantly latched onto me causing me to chuckle. She instantly calmed down as I held her close. Eventually she came off, but I didn't let her go.

"Do you wanna tell mommy why you were so upset?" I ask quietly as I rub her head.

"I t'ought dat you an momma lefts me." Savannah mumbled out.

I sighed at the thought, "Baby, we laid you down for a nap in your crib. Momma just went to her office to work on paperwork and I went downstairs to make you a smoothie bowl. We didn't leave you, I had the monitor on my hip so I knew when you would be up." I told her pointing at my hip.

"Oh. I sorry mommy." She said almost like she was ashamed.

I kissed her forehead, "There is no need to be sorry baby. It's my fault, I should have told you that we were going to let you nap by yourself so you wouldn't be scared when you woke up. I'm sorry baby."

"Not you fault either mommy." She said as she kissed my cheek. She always tries to make us feel better. It's almost as if she can sense we are upset.

"Alright, well then, why don't I feed you this smoothie baby? I crushed up some headache pills in there to help. I know it's hard for you to swallow the pills and you hate the liquid, so hopefully this will work." I told her as I reached over for the bowl.

She sat up a little bit more so it was easier for me to feed her. Slowly I spoon fed her and she ate the whole thing. Once she finished she groaned and rubbed her belly.

"Too much for my little one?" She giggled and nodded her head as I placed the bowl back down and she cuddled into me.