Chapter Eighteen

→ Hypermnesia is good memory disorder if you don't know. You'll be communicating with Emma and Ray with sign language. ←

· · ·

「Your POV」

‘What a day...’ I thought as I grabbed myself a drink.

I put the mug on the sink and washed them clean. After that, I dried my hands and went to the library. As I arrived there, I opened the door quietly and walked inside silently like a leaf.

“You there,” I heard someone spoke up beside me. I looked to see Emma with Ray, Gilda, Don and three other kids that I don't bother to remember.

I looked around me and looked at her, I pointed to myself as I'm asking if she's referring to me or not. She nodded and grabbed my hand, leading me to the crowd.

“We want to talk with you!” Emma smiled after giving me a seat. I awkwardly sit on the chair and stared at them.

“You probably forget out names, I'm Emma and this is Ray. The tall boy there is Don, and the girl with glasses is Gilda. We wanted to discuss something important with you!” Emma introduces herself and told her the names of the people around me.

‘They want information from me, I guess.’ I thought.

“What's your name?” Emma asked me. I use my right hand and put my index and middle finger together and tap them with my thumb. Giving them a sign language, I answered them "no".

“Eh, why don't you want too? Can't you talk?” She asked me again and I shrugged.

“Okay, if you don't want to talk, it's fine. What we want to discuss with you is that we've oh have three days to read and prepare to go to A08-63.” Ray explained as he looks at me.

“We want you to help us,” Ray said to me as he looks deeply into my (Eye Colour) eyes.

I placed my palm of my hands upward, turn my hands over and push it away. Signing them that I don't want to, as it is according to the plan that Yuugo and I planned.

‘I'm sorry, but you have to die.’ I thought. ‘Even if you have the tiniest memory of me, I apologise.’

『The Next Day』

“Thanks, girly.” Yuugo smiled as he accepted the meal I cooked for him. The children went to do something else away from us while we are in the dining room after I cooked us food to eat.

“Two days left, right?” I asked him and he nodded.

“Better get prepared, remember how I taught you.” Yuugo reminded me as he finished the dish. “This is very good, keep it up.” He added as he praises my work.

“Thanks.” I continued eating my dish.

.
.
.

‘Okay, I came on the conclusion, so Emma wants me to spill since I am around their age and not very rude like Yuugo. That's why, during their free time, she came to disturb me.’ I mentally sighed as I heard Emma calling me out.

‘Please get away from me, I just want a peaceful life once I get into the Human World.’ I thought.

I sighed and looked back to see Emma. But when I was about to sign her that I am busy, a hand grabbed my arm and pulled me into an empty room.

It was dark but I recognized the person. His face was close to mine as I feel really awkward. I quickly push him away as he groaned.

“It's me (First Name), Ray. Don't you remember me?” Ray said as he cleaned himself up.

“I'm very sorry that I deceived you, especially from that day.” He apologizes.

I looked at him, ‘He remembers me? How?’

“If you're probably wondering, how can I remember, I have Hypermnesia. Also, I did not tell Emma your name, don't worry. She calls you Missy.” Ray answered.

“Don't get mad at me, okay? It's not my fault,” Ray says. “Also, I'm already twelve and finished reading the book you made for me when we're younger as last.” He added.

I stayed silent as I stared at him.

“Jeez, this feels like I'm chatting to a wall.” Ray sighed. “Speak up, I remember you do.”

“... You all forget me, right...?” I asked, which is more like a tiny whisper.

“Forget you? No, Emma just doesn't remember you, but when we were planning to escape, she feels that you're missing.” Ray replied.

“What about Norman? Where is he?” I questioned again as Ray gazes at me with a sad expression.

“He... He got shipped out...”

.
.
.

「3rd Person POV」

“Where is she?” Emma asked herself as she looks around the corridor. “Ray is also not here...” She added as she continues to look around.

She stopped when she heard a familiar voice.

“He... He got shipped out...”

Emma took a peek inside the door and saw two familiar people that she was looking for. ‘Ray and Missy...’ She thought.

BANG

Emma slammed the door open and amazed Ray and (First Name). She went inside and said to them:

“What are you guys talking about!? Why am I not included!?”

She whined as (First Name) thought, ‘She's still the same...’

“Hey, Emma,” Ray started as he called Emma. Emma looked at Ray and answered: “what is it?”

“Do you remember this code?” Ray said as he showed Emma (First Name)'s neck where the code is.

· · ·