Chapter Forty Two

→ 🥺 you guys are just too much for my heart to handle!!! I love you all!!! 💕💖❣️💞❤️💗💓♥️
Well, this is the first chapter where I put a media in. The video above is Isabella's lullaby. I have a feeling that this song matched with this chapter. Thanks for 93k reads!!! ←

· · ·

「Your POV」

‘Lunch was good, I guess... I like the soup that Gillian made for me.’ I thought as I started at the tall trees.

“Hey (First Name),” I heard Oliver called for me. I tilted to the right to look up to him.

“Have you seen Ellie?” He asked me.

I looked around and answered him, “No, why?”

Oliver chuckles, “Keep this as a secret okay?”

I nodded as he leaned closer to me and whispered something to my right ear.

“Ellie told my team and me that she wants to tell us something tomorrow which is today. Kind of like a secret team meeting. She told me that you're included too.”

He smiles kindly after whispering at me. “Don't tell anyone, alright?” He asked as he shows me his pinky finger.

I nodded and wrapped my pinky finger around his. A pinky promise.

“Your hand is small and soft. So cute.” He complimented me as he ruffles my hair, making it a bit messy.

“Well, I'll see you soon!” Oliver grinned and goes somewhere.

Suddenly, another person called my name behind me. I looked behind and saw Ray, he doesn't look pleased.

“Oh, it's you.”

He looks up then down at me as if it's like I look different or something. Kind of like I'm hiding something from him? It could be that?

“What did Oliver said to you? I saw him whispering something to your ear.” Ray said as his voice sound harsh.

‘He's probably in a terrible mood.’ I thought.

“Nothing,” I said.

“Then why did you two did the pinky promise?” Ray asked again, crossing his arms and frowns at me.

“Why do you want to know?” I tilted my head to the side, looking at him with a ferocious gaze.

‘Why does he wants to know? It's none of his business.’ I thought.

“Can't you just tell me?” Ray sighed, letting go of his arms.

“No, why do you want to know?” I asked him the same question again.

‘Since it's a promise between Oliver and me, I must keep it. That's what Mother always told me.’

“Geez, why don't you tell me, (First Name)?”

“Well, it's none of your business. Why do you have to know about this?”

“Then why did Oliver touch your hair? He even whispered something to your ear!” Ray started to shout at me.

“So what? He has my consent! What's wrong with that?” I yelled back.

‘Gosh, this is too much.’ I sighed. ‘I have no energy for this. I don't want to even want to argue or anything right now.’

‘It's just the afternoon, and now it's like this?’

“(First Name), JUST TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON BETWEEN THE TWO OF YOU!” Ray yelled with a tint of anger in his voice.