Chapter Twenty Three

→ It's been 9 days since I published the previous chapter... Just to say, I have many exams and tests this month. ←

· · ·

「Your POV」

“I will take you to William Minerva's door. To his true goal.”

‘His true goal?’ I thought. ‘Could that be a key to the Human World?’

Emma was holding the pen, Lucas slide the door opened and we went inside.

I thought to myself as I analyze Lucas, ‘So this Lucas man is Yuugo's best friend. He kept his identity a secret for 13 years.’

We went inside into the room then went down to the spiralling stairs. Emma helped Lucas to balance as he was holding a long piece of wood to support him.

‘He must have lost his right arm a long time ago, probably when Yuugo told me that event occurred a few months after of their escape. When they came here, to this hunting ground.’ I followed them from behind while thinking about Lucas's missing arm.

We walked further then climbed down a ladder. It was like an underground tunnel, it was dark but Lucas was carrying a lantern so we can see. We hear our footsteps as we walked by. We stopped at a door, I looked at the door.

‘This is probably the door that she told me about. Form what I have memorized, it has a Morse code. Giving the code "pen".’ I guessed as I scanned the door.

The door doesn't have any keyhole or anything. But the door, it shows an owl and a Morse code around it. ‘That's the door.’ I thought.

“Pen. Emma, it's asking for the pen.” I informed Emma.

Emma nodded and opened the pen. The door beeped opened and we went inside. It looks like a computer laboratory, like the one I always work in back at the shelter.

We looked around. Emma and Lucas look very confused as they looked around. There's an electric thermometer, ventilation, power and many more.

‘Everything here must be like a controller. Could everything here is under control in this room?’ I thought as I looked around. ‘But, is this the only entry to this room? And if this is true, then the man-eaters are made of robots? If there's only one entry, then how would the man-eaters get here?’

“Lucas! (First Name)! Look!” Emma interrupted and told us to come to where she is.

We went inside, a huge golden lake lies in front of us. ‘Could that be that the goal here is a lake?’ I guessed. ‘If it is, what is it about? Is this lake a clue to go to the Human World?’

“This is our destination on Minerva's map. The Goldy Pond!” Emma said when she opened the pen.

A screen showed up, it says— "Welcome to Goldy Pond".

‘So, this is Goldy Pond, then where is William Minerva? What does it have to do with a lake?’ I questioned myself.

A bump on my wrist buzzed as I tried to hide it from Emma and Lucas. I secretly turned it off for a while and continued my statement.

‘Better not let them know, or else it'll be broken.’ I thought as I noticed a cabin in front of us.

“William Minerva wants us to come here not the village,” I stated. “Also there's a cabin floating.” I pointed at the cabin.

Lucas got on his knees and checked the golden water. The water was very strange, I tried and I couldn't touch the water.

“This mixture is strange,” I mumbled.