Chapter Twenty Five

→ Sorry if I haven't been able to update much! August is ending soon so I have time to continue writing this. Around October, I wouldn't be able to update much like this month because I have a very important examination. Anyways, here's a flashback back when y'all were kids. ←

· · ·

「Your POV」

“(First Name)! Come on!” Emma yelled as she watched me following them.

We were outside of home and I don't know how I managed to get out. I was reading in the library like my every day is, but in the middle of relaxing, Emma came and disturbed my time.

She suddenly dragged me outside and I'm confused.

Then here I am, with Emma, Norman and Ray. I was holding a book I was in the middle of reading before Emma dragged me out. She brought me to the gate.

“Norman! Ray!” She said as Norman and Ray looked at us.

“I brought (First Name)!”  She added.

I looked at our surrounding area, we're near the gate. I looked at Emma who was peeking through a window there.

‘The gates that leads to the headquarters...’ I thought.

“What do you want to do once you get to go outside?” Emma asked as she came to us.

“No clue, what about you?” Ray answered.

‘What I want to do? Outside?’ I thought as I think deeply.

“I want to ride a giraffe!” Exclaimed Emma.

“Good luck with that,” Ray commented.

“(First Name)!” Emma shouted happily.

I looked at her and tilted my head to the side.

“What do you want to do once you get to go outside?” Emma repeated the question.

“...Me?” She nodded. I felt eyes are around me.

‘I cannot tell them about the demons, maybe something that seems imaginary? Make sure your answer is not suspicious as it seems.’ I quickly thought before answering.

“I don't know much about outside, but in general, survive.”

“That's cool!” Emma grinned.

I gazed at Norman who was grabbing onto the gate as he looks inside. I came closer and peeked inside.

“I don't think you can open these from this side. Just what on earth are they protecting us from?” Norman said.

‘Away from those demons, of course.’ I thought. ‘They just want us to live in joy before getting harvested.’

“Mama always told us that the gate and the fence marking the boundaries around the forest are extremely dangerous, so we need to keep our distance,” Ray stated as he came to my left.