Chapter Twenty

→ Almost to Goldy Pond Arc!!! Thank you for 10.2k reads! (。・ω・。)ノ♡ ←

· · ·

「Your POV」

‘Everything's done, time to depart.’ I thought as I checked my bag.

I placed it over my shoulders as I stood next to Yuugo. Which is behind Emma. I hope they won't be suspicious of the plan Yuugo and I planned.

I sighed and walked towards the exit and got out. With Yuugo, Emma and Ray coming out too while I was preparing myself for a long speedrunning.

I stretched my legs and Yuugo signalled me to go. Simultaneously, we started our steps and ran.

I looked behind me to see Emma and Ray trying to catch up to our pace. It was normal for me to run this fast, I learned a technique about this through a book I read long ago. Also, Yuugo kept pressuring me to run faster a few months ago. That's how I can keep up with this pace.

“Haha! I guess that we're just at a different level!” Laughed Yuugo. “You suck at this!”

While running, I eavesdropped the conversation between Emma and Ray. I listened carefully the whole running at this speed.

“Yes, but rather than killing. He's letting one of us die.”

I shook my head and speed up quickly as I am about to reach the forest. We stopped as I heard Yuugo spoke up.

“Not a bad pace. We'll aim for a 4-day trip. Our goal is A06-63, Goldy Pond. If you were to act foolish and waste time, you could just take a long way which is 3 weeks, easier and safer.” Yuugo explained. “But I don't want to get out of the question.”

I took out my water bottle and drank some.

“Get some water down yet throat,” Yuugo says, I looked at him and he walked into the forest.

“First come to this forest, it's where packs of man-eaters nest.”

“They see you, you die.”

“Let's go and clear it before sunset.”

I finished drinking and shoved my bottle into my bag and followed Yuugo. I took out my Glock 17 into my right hand.

I walked into the forest as I noticed that everything is alright. ‘The plan might be backfired.’ I sighed.

I went towards Yuugo and told him, “the plan might be backfired.”

He loaded the gun and answered, “get ready.”

I nodded and loaded my gun and get on guard.

“EMMA!!!”

A demon came and pounced towards Emma. Ray quickly pushed her away along with himself and fell on the ground on his face.

I turned to the demon and shoots its head as Yuugo uses his rifle to shoot too.

BANG

The auditable shoot rang through our ears as the demon fell.

“I'm... Alive...?” Emma asked.

“Thought yer dead, didn't cha? You died for real now kid, couldn't even pull the trigger on time.” Yuugo said.

“Man, that was funny!” He laughed.