Chapter Thirty Four

→ I am surprised to see 868 notifications and 63.7k reads, thank you very much!!!
✨👄✨ ←

· · ·

「Your POV」

I watched my "siblings" playing tag outside of home.

I sighed and continue reading the book on my hand.

‘Life of a five years old...’ I thought as I flipped the page.

‘This book is just nothing but my entertainment.’

Everything here is very peaceful.

I don't mind the noisy sound outside.

They seemed to have fun.

While I am just in the library, not socializing with anyone except for Mother.

Mother is right beside me, she is arranging the books while I helped her.

“(First Name), are you sure that you don't want to go outside?” She asked me as I gave her a book.

“It's okay, Mother. You know how much I love books.” I answered.

She hummed in response as we continue to arrange the books to the bookshelves.

Mother left the library to prepare dinner, I stayed in the library as I don't want to go out yet.

As I picked up the book that I've previously read before I helped Mother, I flipped to the page where I stopped.

This book I'm reading described my life— in a world, no one looks at my way.

My name is (First Name), code 18194.

I am five years old.

I'm the 49181st child in this plantation.

Grace Field House is my home, where I stay.

I gazed outside the window of the library.

The sun is setting, it means that it's almost dinner time.

I continue reading the book.

It was a sweet time until a familiar face interrupted.

“(FIRST NAME)!!!”

I closed the book and looked at the person in front of me.

“Yes, Emma?” I asked.

“It's dinner time!!! Didn't you hear the bell?” Emma asked as she sat beside me.

I shook my head, “Sorry I didn't hear the bell, I was too focused on this book.”

“What's the book about?” Emma asked, due to curiosity. I showed her the book I'm holding.

“My Choice,” She read the title.

“It's about a person who's being left bout by everyone, his friends, family and everyone,” I explained briefly about the story to her.

“That's sad,” commented Emma as she frowns.

“Don't worry Emma, it's just a story,” I said, standing up and put back the book to the shelf at front.

“Come on, it is dinner time. That's why you came here right?” I said and Emma nodded, she stands up beside me.

“Yeah, let's go!” She exclaimed.