Chapter 25: Cracked

The boss of Kensini Villa was an overseas Chinese man who had recently returned. Relying on his own slightly accented but rich Mandarin speaking style, he stunned the A City stock market with his wealth and many large land projects. Villas created by him were built one after another.

[Kensini Villa, scenically located between the soaring mountains and tranquil waters, with minimal local traffic. Leisurely relax and enjoy the most exotic views.]

This was Kensini Manor's opening advertising slogan. It was said that the boss himself personally came up with it. From the slogan itself, one would be able to see how expansive any thoughtful the boss's Chinese vocabulary really was.

But he really did accurately sum up all of Kensini Villa's most attractive and main features. Mountain view: there was a barren hill that was being built right beside it. Water: it was rumoured that they would be spending thousands of dollars to build a beautiful music fountain. Convenient traffic: the people who would live in the few villas would not own that many cars ah. Exotic: the middle of the music fountain would feature a statue of Venus.

Kensini Villas, from its design to its construction, included every aspect of corporate culture. You have been framed!

The reason Mo Zhen bought a house here was entirely because the boss's daughter was Mo Zhen's hardcore fan and the Kensini Villa houses were also her design. If Mo Zhen were willing to live here, not only would he need to pay merely 50% of the asking price, but they would also build him a little garden.

These were conditions that most people would be extremely tempted to take, not to mention the fact that Mo Zhen truly did like the layout of the houses in Kensini Villa. Many of the features of the neighborhood were designed for, and placed importance on, having very strong security... and absolute secrecy around the villas, and this was what Mo Zhen needed the most.

But now he felt that this amenity was very funny, because it made people unaware of things that were happening outside. If he had heard the rumours about missing cats and haunting ghosts sooner, he would not have left Ah Yao at home all by herself.

Mo Zhen grabbed his phone and the door key as he headed out to look around the villa area. When he walked out the door, he finally thought of looking at the red mailbox beside his door. This mailbox was not used to receive letters, instead, the only mail it would receive would be news and reports from the Kensini Property Corporation.

There were three letters in the mailbox, two of which were about irrelevant things, and the last one was from the property group, informing residents about the recent high number of missing cats and to remind owners to take care of their home's cat.

Mo Zhen looked at the date and discovered that it was delivered a week ago. With some frustration, he shoved the letter back into the mailbox. What Mo Zhen wanted to know was how? Although there were many things that the Kensini Villa had slyly false advertised, the security measures were still very complete. Those missing cats, how on earth did they manage to steal them?

(TN: Last chapter I said cat gang because the legit translation was cat and gang, so I'm assuming that it's a gang of people stealing cats.)

Thinking of this, Mo Zhen took out his phone and called the property corporation office and stated that he would like to see the closest surveillance video of his home.

After the Kensini Villa Head of Security received the notification from the main office, he ordered the other security guards to quickly tidy up the control room make a pot of good tea, and wait for the entrance of the great Emperor Mo Zhen.

  The property sent a car to drive Mo Zhen to the control room. In order for the control room to match the overall style of the villa, the monitoring room was built as a small western-style building. When Mo Zhen arrived at the building, the security team were lined up on both sides. Standing straight, they knew nothing, but had thought that the Head was coming to inspect their work.