Chapter 47: Miracle

Mo Zhen didn't know if it was a trick of the light, but he felt that Xiang Yunze seemed a little different than usual today. The moonlight sprinkled between the two people, like a galaxy separating the Cowherd and the Weaver.

(TN: a Chinese Old Folktale, celebrated in Japan as Tanabata festival about two lovers meeting once a year in the galaxy)

Cowherd and the Weaver? Mo Zhen's mouth moved in amusement. He must be tired if he's thinking of terrible metaphors like this.

"When did you come?" Mo Zhen asked the person behind him as he went to the door and opened it.

"I've been waiting for a while."

"Why didn't you call me?"

"If I called you, would you drop everything and come here immediately?"

"...No." The door made a clicking sound as it opened.

"So why would I call you?" Xiang Yunze removed his shoes and followed Mo Zhen into the house.

Although he hasn't been here for three years, the house had not changed at all. Even the abstract dancing girl statues on the TV were still there, their skirts still pointing in the same direction as the last time he saw them.

But he still felt that something had changed.

It wasn't until he spotted the small cactus on the table that he realized what had changed the house.

A touch of humanity. It looked more like a home than before.

"When did you get the cactus?" There had been a cactus sitting here before. He remembered it very clearly since he was the one who had picked it out in the first place, but he was certain that the one he had chosen had been a fake cactus. When did it become real? Don't tell me he had somehow refined it into a living being?

Mo Zhen's eyes followed Xiang Yunze's gaze. Ah Yao had begged him to buy a cactus, saying it would help with radiation.

Which ghosts needed protection from radiation? Regardless, the next day he still brought this cactus pot back home, the only condition being that Ah Yao was responsible for raising it. Now more than four months have passed. Although he has not watered it at all, it was still quite strong.

"Oh, can't it prevent radiation?" Mo Zhen asked casually. Xiang Yunze stared at him, his eyes growing wide with surprise: "You actually kept it alive?"

Mo Zhen: "..."

He's also raised a cat!

"Mo Zhen, you've changed." Xiang Yunze stared at him, trying to read his thoughts by looking into his eyes. Mo Zhen lowered his gaze, his thick eyelashes covering up the turbulent expression in his eyes.

He knew he had changed. After he met Ah Yao, it seemed as if everything was out of control.

"Do you know Li Yan?"

Do you know Li Yan? This was not like a question, it was more like a sword that was ready to cut him into pieces.

Mo Zhen's mouth moved. He did not want to hide it from Xiang Yunze for his entire life. but now that this situation has appeared, he seemed to be too passive.

"I know her. She's my assistant." Mo Zhen raised his head. There was no expression on his face. He did not even seem to be surprised, answering with a calm and cold voice.

Too cold.

He had thought that after he threw this large bomb, there would be a sudden confrontation between the two, but Xiang Yunze did not expect he would be the one trapped in a standstill.