Chapter 53: Nickname

Ten o'clock, "Ghost School" studio.

A dark, stormy, and ghostly night.

Li Yan walked down the gloomy school's corridor alone, subconsciously wrapping her coat tighter around her.

She despised shooting at night, especially this drama since the protagonist was a ghost!

Wind blew in from a broken glass window, bringing in a peculiar nightly breeze. Li Yan shivered as she heard the high-pitched caws of crows in the night sky.

Ga — Ga —

The incandescent lights above her flickered twice. Li Yan noticed a strange shadow at her feet, eventually flying down the corridor frantically.

Help! It wasn't even her shooting the ghost drama! How could anyone find this whole horror thing interesting! This year, even going to the restroom was life risking!

Li Yan quickly freed herself from the bathroom and rushed out. She was resolved that from tomorrow onwards, she won't ever drink water after dark.

"Click— Click—" The sounds of footsteps from the other end of the corridor suddenly shifted towards her. Li Yan quivered, gazing down the corridor.

The light revealed a tall figure accompanied with closer and closer footsteps. Mo Zhen came out from the corner.

"Boss! You also came to the restroom!" Li Yan cheerily rushed over, "If I had known you'd come, I would've waited for you!"

Mo Zhen: "..."

He had heard that girls liked making appointments with one another to go to the restroom, but... Did it also apply for those of different genders?

"I specially came to find you." His mouth twitched, a hint of helplessness. He didn't know how the crew discovered this school. He heard from Master that this school actually used to be a cemetary.

In fact, he had felt uncomfortable since the first day on set. The place's yin was too heavy. But even if he told anyone, no one would believe him. Fortunately, he has not seen any wandering ghosts so far.

"Let's go then." Li Yan pulled Mo Zhen. All she wanted to do was to return to the more populated staff lounge – at least there would be a lot of male staff there, supposedly containing heavier yang.

"Uh, you wait here. I may as well use the restroom since I'm already here." Mo Zhen said as he went into the men's restroom on the side.

Of the entire school, only on this floor did it contain a functional restroom, so all the crew members had to come here to resolve their physiological needs. Although nothing felt ominous during the day, but when night came, Li Yan didn't even dare to look in the mirror when she washed her hands in the washroom.

Da, Da, Da.

Suddenly from down the hall, a sound similar to that of a ball being bounced echoed. Though the sound was subtle, every bounce felt as if it was colliding with the top of her beating heart, the shock making her heart beat loudly like a drum. Li Yan swallowed her saliva, facing forwards for a look. In front there was a staircase. The source of the sound appeared to be from above it.

Li Yan subconsciously looked in the direction of the men's restroom, the door remained still. Seems like Mo Zhen won't be coming out anytime soon.

The sound of the bouncing of a ball continued on as each bounce had a more and more abnormal rhythm.

Li Yan rubbed the goosebumps on her arms and inched towards the men's restroom.

Wen Xiaoxiao was wearing makeup, and a whole minute had already passed since she started bouncing the ball from up the staircase.