chapter: forty six

"How's my baby?" Micah asks as I got out of the car. I saw her walking out towards the car, knowing she was talking about it.

I smiled before looking towards it and nodding. "She's great. I love it. Definitely could get use to it being a race tune, so I might not want it changed."

She chuckles as she ran her hand over the hood. "She's a beast. You grow to love her and it's hard to stay away."

We walked inside and I instantly smelled food. It smelled like cookies, but I wasn't sure until I rounded the corner and saw Cameron standing there with a bunch of cookies on a baking sheet.

She looks at us and smiles as we walked further into the kitchen. "Hey, Jesse."

"Hi."

"Shit, Jesse." Micah said as she looks at me. "What happened to your face? Get into a fight?" She chuckles.

I look at her then over at Cameron, who was watching us. I shrug as I look back towards Micah. "I fell off my bed last night. Hit my face on the floor." I paused. "I have hardwood flooring."

She looks at me a little longer as if she didn't believe me. She crossed her arms before Cameron grabs her attention and we both looked over at her.

Micah walks over towards her, helping her with the cookies and I leaned against the counter as I watched them. I looked around before looking at the kitchen entrance then back over at them.

"Where's Brailynn?"

Cameron looks over at me. "She's with Morgan."

I nodded as I saw Micah look over at me before looking back at Cameron and helping her with the cookies.

After they were done, Cameron leans over and kisses Micah's cheek. I saw her smile before walking towards me and nodding towards the kitchen entrance. "Follow me." I did as she said and we both walked out the kitchen and into the hall.

She turns towards me with her arms crossed and looks at me for a moment. "What are you not telling me?"

I gave her a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"Your face is bruised. Right around your nose area and under your eye. You fell?"

Looking at her, I shrug before looking down at the floor for a moment before sighing. "No, I didn't fall."

"What happened? You can tell me."

I look up at her as she was watching me. "I went to Rivers last night and she-"

"She hit you?"

Shaking my head, I saw her eyebrows furrowed. "No- I mean yes but it was an accident."

"How?"

"I don't know." I shrug.

She looks at me before shaking her head. "Jesse-"

"It's ok." I said before Cameron walks in the hall and stops when she sees us.

She crosses her arms as she looks at us both. "Having secret meetings without me?"

"Yeah." Micah said. "It's our secret club."

I saw Cameron look at her before shaking her head and smiling at me. "You ready to get started, Jesse?"

Nodding, I smiled. "Yes ma'am." I look over at Micah as she was watching me follow Cameron out of the hall and through the living room.

-

"This is kind of terrifying." I yelled from the top of the house as I looked down at Micah.

She had her arms crossed, looking up at me with a smile on her face. "You look scared."