chapter: six

A few days passed and it was now Wednesday. I was looking forward to Saturday and I wish it would hurry up and come on. I was more than ready to see everyone, hang out with them and be surrounded by people who accept me.

Not talking about my family of course, cause they accept me for who I am.

But I was never actually accepted years ago for who I am and it's still hard for me to be around people when I don't know if they'll judge me.

I remember when I first started working for Dakota and Emma, I wasn't as nervous cause they were obviously married. I knew that if they knew I was gay, they wouldn't have a problem with it at all.

That's why I like hanging around that street cause it's nothing but lesbians and that makes me feel like I belong.

When I was school, I didn't have much friends cause I was the weird kid. Nobody wanted to hang out with me cause I dressed, I don't know the word, not girly?

I had on baggy clothes, mostly dark and I shopped in the boys section. I hated wearing girl clothes and when people started catching on then that's when they didn't want anything to do with me.

My mom accepted me though and at the time, that's all that mattered. I didn't have hardly any friends besides one, who didn't want anything to do with me most of the time.

She hung out with me but not in pubic.

I didn't let it get to me and I finished school without a problem.

But being surrounded by all the people on Richards street makes me feel like I actually belong somewhere when I felt out of place for so long throughout my childhood and teenager days.

When I first met everyone, it was amazing and I really felt like I belonged with them after being treated like I didn't when everyone found out I was gay.

It was a good feeling.

Today I didn't have to work, so I was roaming the streets. It was currently two in the afternoon. The sun was shining, no clouds in the sky and there was a slight chill in the air.

Halloween was next week.

I couldn't wait for it. I was honestly so excited, that I was trying to think of what I wanted to be for halloween. I never did get out of the spirit cause I knew that no matter how old you get, you can still enjoy the things you did as a kid.

As I was skating down the sidewalk, I was looking up at the sky before coming to a stop at the end of the street. I didn't know where I was going but I didn't have a destination, knowing that I could get lost in this town and still find my way back home.

I skated down the sidewalk some more, onto another street that was two streets down from my street. I was looking around at all the houses. I smiled as I skated faster and faster, gaining speed as I was doing so. I felt completely free and it was the best feeling in the world.

As I was skating, I looked around then saw that woman from the bar and everything just stopped.

And I did too.

My skateboard hit a crack in the sidewalk and I went flying off of it before landing on the sidewalk pretty damn hard. Hard enough to scrap my elbow, leg and knee all at the same time.

I winced in pain before sitting up and looking down at the damage.

"That's going to leave a mark for sure." I turned my elbow over and saw it all scrapped. "Nice."

"Oh my goodness, are you ok?" I look to see a woman jogging towards me and that other woman was right behind her, but she was walking.

"Uh.. yeah. Just a few scrapes." I chuckle. "Nothing serious."