chapter: SEVENTY

"Jesse!"

Smiling, I stepped out of my car then saw Brailynn and Morgan with Destiny running behind them as they were all running towards me.

Brailynn jumped in my arms as I held onto her and Morgan did the same thing, but luckily I stumbled against my car for support.

Destiny came running up then grabbed my legs and hugged me. I laughed as I held them before they jumped down then Brailynn grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the house.

Seeing everyone, I smiled at them before getting a few hugs from everyone as I passed them by. I smiled at everyone as Brailynn pulled me to a table where they had a lot of food set up just like every other time they have a get together.

"Why does everyone always have a get together?" I ask as I stood there, watching Brailynn grab a brownie before looking around.

"I have no idea but I'm not complaining cause food!" She laughs before looking around and stuffing her face with the brownie.

Shaking my head, I turned around then saw Micah walk towards. She pulls me into a hug before patting my back and pulling back. "How are you?"

"I'm great actually."

"That's good to hear." She smiles. "How's River?"

Nodding, I looked around then back at her. "She's good." I smiled. "We've been together for almost two weeks now."

"Really?" She seemed surprised as she looked at me. "That's amazing." She wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "I'm proud of you."

"Thanks." I chuckle.

"Where is she? You told me that she was coming?"

I looked at her before nodding. "Yeah, she had some things to do but she'll be here."

She smiles then her smile faded as she was looking at something. "What happened to your jaw?" I watch as she tilts her head as she was staring at my face.

I knew she was talking about the bruise and scratches on my jaw that were a little too visible. "Um.. just.."

"Did she hit you?"

"No." I chuckle. "It's um.. she's a little too rough in bed." I watch her eyes widen then she slightly laughs.

"Oh damn. Ok." She looks at my jaw again. "Nothing wrong with that I guess."

Smiling, I stuffed my hands in my pockets as I looked over and saw Cameron walking towards us. "Hey, Jesse." She smiles once she stops in front of us.

"Hey, Cameron."

"Where's.. um, River?" She asks.

"She should be here any minute."

She nods then looks over at Micah. "Micah has been getting me updated on.. you and River."

Micah looks over at her. "They're together now."

Cameron looks back at me and smiles. "Congrats. I'm happy for you."

I smile at her. "Thanks."

I saw Micah lean towards her then whispered something in her ear. I saw Cameron nod then once they pull back, she looks at me and smiles. "Let me know when she gets here." She looks around then excuses herself as she walks away.

Looking back at Micah, I give her a confused look. "What did you tell her?"

She shrugs. "I don't remember. I forget shit." She smiles then wraps her arm around my shoulder and we walk towards where everyone else was.