chapter: thirteen

"I'm so proud of you, Jesse." My mom hugged me and I couldn't help but smile. I came home with straight A's, which was a huge accomplishment for me. I couldn't wait to show mom, knowing she was going to be so proud of me.

"I tried so hard." I said, which made her smile.

She grabbed the paper then walked to the fridge and hung it up. "This deserves to be presented. I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks mom."

"How about we go out to eat? To celebrate."

I look at her as she walks over to the counter and grabs her purse. "Really?" I question as she looks over at me.

"Of course." She smiles. "Wherever you want to eat. It's your choosing."

Thinking for a moment, I smiled. "I want some hot wings."

She nods as she slings her purse over her shoulder. "Lets go get some hot wings."

Smiling, I was so happy at the moment. I knew mom didn't have a lot of money but I knew she was trying her best from working.

This was huge for her to go out, since we hardly ever go out.

We never really have the money to do anything, so I knew this was big.

One day I was going to repay her back for everything she's done for me. I knew that I wanted to get a job, make a lot of money and make her proud. I wanted to make her dreams come true, which meant I needed to focus on my school work, get a good job and make us a living.

Mom was struggling as it was and I knew that I needed to help her out soon.

She does so much for me. I want to give back to her.

I lover her more than anything and I'd do anything for her.

She's the only thing I have since dad left. She's been there for me when nobody else has been and it's just us.

I honestly don't know what I'd do without her in my life.

She's my everything and I want to make her happy.

More than anything.

*

Staring at the wall, I sighed before shutting my eyes then stretching. I just woke up from a dream about my mom again. I usually don't have that many dreams of her but lately it's been crazy.

Thoughts and dreams were surrounding her for some reason.

Sometimes when I think about her or dream about her, I don't let it affect me. It's hard enough to be reminded about what happened, so I try not let my mood be based on my past.

After I woke up completely, I got dressed then went downstairs where I heard someone in the kitchen. I heard noises as if pans were being moved around and when I walked in, I saw Eli looking for something in the bottom cabinets.

"What are you doing?"

He turns to look at me before smiling. "Good morning."

I look over at the clock on the wall and saw that it was a little after nine in the morning. I surely thought Eli would be at work by this time, but since his schedule is already screwed up, it really didn't surprise me.

Walking over to the fridge, I grabbed the milk out before walking to the counter and looking for a bowl in the top cabinet.

I kept seeing Eli looking for something and I couldn't understand what he was doing. "Dude?" He looks over at me as I watched him. "What are you doing?"