chapter: sixty one

A/N: Since this book is slowly coming to an end, I decided to open the introduction back up that was at the beginning of this book. I know some of you have read it before I took it down, but now I'm republishing it so new readers will be able to know and understand the book better.
If you didn't get the chance to read the introduction before reading the book, now is your chance.

Enjoy!

"So, what happened?"

I sat up and saw Eli standing in my doorway. He was leaning against the frame with his arms crossed, watching me as I was sitting on my bed.

When I came home, I went upstairs to my room without saying a word to anyone. I just wanted to be alone for a while but that doesn't happen in this house.

"What do you mean?" I ask as I took my hoodie off.

He walks further in before looking at my hoodie that I tossed on the floor. When he looks back at me, he stops then crosses his arms. "You disappeared last night. Went to River's then stayed the night. Mom dad are both worried about you cause of this mystery woman," He air-quoted. "plus you owe them an explanation."

I rubbed my forehead before nodding. "I know and I'll tell them but I just want to be left alone for a moment."

As he kept looking at me, I knew there was no way to get around this. He knew me all too well for me to make up something and hopes that he would believe it.

That's when he walked towards me then leaned down in front of me. I kept watching him as he looked me over then grabbed my arms while looking at them before glancing up at my face.

"She didn't hurt you, did she?"

I shook my head. "No. I'm fine.

"Then what happened?" He asks. "I hate to keep asking that cause it seems like it's the same answer over again. Did she tell you to leave and not come back?"

Shaking my head, I look down at the floor. "No. I just left." I shrug. "No reason."

He kept looking right through me and I knew that he was going to figure something out. I didn't want to tell him cause I didn't want to think about it ever again.

"Jess.. whatever it is.. you can tell me."

Nodding, I slightly smile at him. "I know." I sighed before rubbing the back of my neck. "Ugh ok.. something happened last night.."

He kept watching me as I wasn't saying anything, just so that he can figure it out and I wouldn't have to tell him. I wasn't exactly comfortable with telling my brother when I had sex.

Even though this was the first time in a while.

"You fucked.." He sighed then tilted his head downward. I saw him shake his head before looking back at me before standing up. "I thought you would have done fucked as many times as you went over there." He looks at me before crossing his arms. "What happened? And I mean.. not the details but afterwards?"

I shrugged. "Nothing. She made dinner. We went to bed." I thought for a moment before sighing. "I asked her.. what we were and she said I don't know."

I saw him look at me for a moment before sitting next to me on the bed. "Jess.. you know this woman better than I do and the things you told me about her.. why did you even ask that question when you already knew the answer?"