chapter: forty eight

I love you all so I'll continue to make you all happy with these updates!

Explaining to my parents about where I had to go was something a little tricky. I knew that lying to them was adding up to the other times I lied, but this time I had a real reason and everything around me was spinning.

"A friends." I lied.

They looked at me then I saw mom cross her arms, staring at me and trying to figure out if I was telling the truth or not. I look over at dad, who was also watching me but he had a look that didn't scare me as badly as mom did.

"Micah and Cameron wants me to come over. A little get together."

"This late?"

I nodded then smiled. "Yeah, but I'll only be there for thirty minutes."

She looks at me a little longer before nodding, letting me use the get out of jail free card and run out the door. I tried not making it obvious but it was hard when all I wanted to do was get there.

Here we go again.

I'm going to Rivers.

The amount of times that I went, left and went again is extremely confusing to me and everyone else that lives down that street.

I know they see me come and go all the damn time.

Getting into my car, I placed my seat belt on before backing out and driving down the road. I tried thinking about what was going to happen as far as the usual shit that always happens every time I come to her house.

But what she sent me in that message... I'm not sure if that was even her that sent it. I don't know what to think right now cause I'm on my way to her house for the millionth time and I'm not getting my hopes up cause I know I'll be leaving in ten minutes shortly after.

Pulling down her street, I came to her house and only saw her car there. I sighed then pulled in before shutting the car off and sitting there for a moment until I got out then walked towards the door.

Knocking was my best solution but I didn't even pull my hand up there before hearing a lot of noises from the house. I stopped and heard all kinds of shit that sounded like glass breaking and things being thrown around.

I opened the door then walked inside to hear it much cleared. I shut the door behind me before walking in further and trying to find out where the noise was coming from.

Walking through the hall, I look towards the living room but didn't see her then I look towards the kitchen and something came flying out. I moved my head just in time then saw River walk out and go towards the living room.

"River?"

She quickly turns around and I saw her clothes torn, her hair a mess and her eyes were bloodshot. She looked a mess and the way she was looking at me.. I could tell she was vulnerable right now.

I saw her cross her arms then uncross them before sniffing back tears. "I.. thanks for coming. I tried calling Sophie and Belle but they won't pick up their damn phones." She sighs then looks at me. "You were my other choice."

I nodded then looked around the hall and noticed that the pictures and paintings were ripped or broke, thrown on the ground along with a vase of flowers.

"What's... going on?'

"I don't know." She placed her hands over her face then cried. I saw her walk towards the kitchen and I followed behind. I watch as she went to the counter and grabbed something from it. "I want to kill myself so bad."