chapter: thirty nine

Dedicated to bri<3

I've been laying under Rivers bed for hours.

I didn't plan on falling asleep, but I did and I woke up to my phone ringing.

Jerking awake, I hit my head on the bottom of the bed before reaching in my pocket and grabbing my phone. I wiped the drool from my mouth before squinting at the screen and seeing Eli's name.

Then I saw the time.

Six.

"Hello?" I placed the phone to my ear.

"Where the hell are you?"

I leaned my head down on my arm, that was now dead asleep. I've been laying on it for a few hours now and it's literally dead.

"I'll call you back or tell you when I get home. It's a long story." I yawned.

"Were you sleeping?"

"Yeah." I yawned.

"Where?"

Before I said anything back, that's when I saw feet on the floor that just got off the bed. I quickly hung up without saying bye and saw the feet turn around before getting on their knees.

That's when River looked down and saw me.

I didn't smile nor did I say anything. All I did was quickly crawl from underneath the bed, get up and stared right at her from across the bed as she was looking at me.

"What the hell are you doing under my bed?"

"I-" I looked around then back at her as she was now walking around the bed, towards me. "I don't know. Look, I'm sorry. I'll just leave."

Before I could walk to the door, she walked to it and leaned against it. She crossed her arms as she stared at me, not letting me out of this room.

"Tell me.. right now why you were under my bed." She looks at me. "I'll call the cops."

I felt my heart pounding in my chest now. I looked around then the folder on the dresser caught my eye. I quickly looked back at her as she was waiting for me answer.

When the seconds went by and I still haven't said anything, I saw her reach into her pocket then stopped as she stared at me.

She started walking towards me and that's when I took a few steps to the right to avoid her from grabbing me or whatever she was trying to do.

"You need to tell me. Right now." I saw her look at me before walking to the bed and grabbing her phone that was laying there. When she turns back around, I saw her look down at her phone then over at me. "Well?"

"Is it possible that I don't have an answer?" I slightly chuckle then saw that she wasn't finding it funny. "Guess not."

She looks at me then down at her phone. "Oh well."

I held my hands out to stop her. "Wait." She looks over at her then my eyes looked away and landed on the folder that we were standing close to.

When I looked back at her, that's when her eyes landed on it also then she looks back at me. I saw something in her eyes as she slowly placed the phone down then looked back at the folder.

"You read my folder?"

"No I didn't." I said a little too soon.

I saw her look at me while taking a few steps closer, making me back up. It was getting to the point where I was about to stop from the wall behind me and no escape.