chapter: eight

"It was amazing. She was amazing and I had so much fun." Eli smiled as he was talking about his date with Noami. "We ate at one of those fancy restuarants in the city, which wasn't my first choice."

"Who paid?" I chuckled as I was driving through town. I was driving his car and he wanted to go places, but didn't want to drive.

So of course I said yes.

I have a license, but no car.

He lets me drive every once in a while and it feels weird since I don't drive very often. I'm use to skating down the sidewalk with the wind in my hair not stuck in a box with hardly any head wind.

We were looking for something to do. It was Sunday, which meant it was time to get out of the house and find something to do. I wanted to go eat, then possibly go to the park and walk around.

Sounds like a great Sunday to me.

Every Sunday, we all get out of the house and do something. Not as a family, but sometimes. We all go our separate ways to find something to do.

It's a little tradition we've been doing every Sunday for as long as I can remember.

"We split it, actually." He said.

I look over at him for a moment. "Really? I thought the guy was suppose to be the gentleman and pay?"

"Not necessarily." He shrugs. "Hey, why don't we go to that bar again." He smiles.

Looking at him, I look back at the road before making a face. "Why? Are they even open on a Sunday?"

He shrugs. "I don't know. I thought we could go see your future girlfriend." He laughs and I was about a second away from pulling over.

"Dude, I don't like her. Ok?"

"Yeah, ok." He chuckles. "You wouldn't shut up about how gorgeous she was."

I shrug. "So? And that means I like her? Damn. You see, this is why lesbians are portrayed as moving too fast. Everyone thinks we fall for someone right when we see them then move in the next day."

He looks at me for a moment. "I thought that was true?"

"I hate you sometimes."

I heard him laughing. "Let's just drive by and see if they're open."

Sighing, I drove over to the bar, wishing I never said anything to him about her. I knew he wouldn't let this go and it wasn't like I was in love with her.

I have a fascination with her, yeah.

But in love? Absolutely not.

Come to think about it, she's throwing this bad vibe off whenever I'm near her. All those times I encountered her, I could tell there was a bad energy coming from her and the expressions she always gives me.

That is a red flag there, ladies and squirts.

As the bar came into view, I parked in front of it then saw the sign that read open. It was in red lights, blinking and I heard Eli unbuckle his seat belt before opening his car. "Let's go."

I shook my head as I killed the engine, grabbing the keys from from the ignition then getting out. I placed the keys in my pocket before walking with him towards the front door.

We walk in and there was a few people here, which now I understand that this isn't just a bar. It's a place where people could come hang out and not just get drunk or drink.

"You wanna get food here?" He asks as he turns around.

"Sure." I follow him to the bar and I let my eyes wander around. I didn't see that woman, which was a good thing but a part of me was wanting to see her.