chapter: forty seven

I drove down the street, not knowing if I was actually going to stop or not. I knew that I made it this far so stopping was an option but not necessarily a statement.

When the house came into view, I started slowing down the saw Sophie outside next to her car and without thinking much about it, I pulled up to the driveway then shut the car off after I came to a stop.

Sophie leans out of her car then looks towards me. I knew she didn't recognize this car but after I unbuckled my seat belt and opened the door, she soon recognized me as soon as I got out.

She stops what she was doing and stared at me as I shut the door and walked towards her. I stuffed my hands in my pockets as I approached her then looked around and didn't see Rivers car.

"What are you doing here?"

I shrug as I stop near her. "Just was in the neighborhood."

She continues to look at me as we were standing there and I knew she was thinking the same thing I was; what the hell am I doing here?

"River's not here."

"I know." I said a little too soon and she gave me a confused look. "I saw her at the store."

I saw her nod before sighing, grabbing another bag from the car. "Well, you should leave before she gets here." She looks at me for a moment. "She told me what happened last night, Jesse."

"She told you?"

She nods. "Yes and the things she said.. you need to leave."

"What did she say?"

I heard her sigh before holding onto the bags. I saw her shut the car door with her hip then looked back at me. "Jesse, I thought I told you?" She searches my eyes. "I thought I told you everything so you'd stay away."

"That's the thing." I said. "I can't."

"You need to before she gets here."

"What did she say?"

She stops then shook her head. She looks down the road before looking back at me. "She said she kissed you. She told me that it was the biggest mistake that she's ever made. I asked her why she did it and she told me that.." She paused and I waited for her to speak but she looked past me and her face said it all.

I turned and saw her car pulling up and that's when everything was turning into a nightmare when I saw her.. and Belle get out of the car together.

"What are you doing here?" She asks as she was walking towards me.

I saw the look on Belle's face as she was smiling behind her sunglasses. She took them off and placed them in her collar before stopping in front of me as River was standing there.

"I-"

"She came to give me something that I asked her to pick up." Sophie said behind me. I turned and saw her looking at us before smiling at me. "Thank you, Jesse."

"Well now that you gave her whatever.." Belle spoke which made me look over at her. "Can't you leave?"

I looked at her before glancing over at River as she was looking at me. I saw a smirk on Belle's face and that made my blood boil inside of me and I felt something running through my veins that I never felt before.

"Why don't you make me?" I said, which made everyone go silence.

Belle steps closer to me. "What?"

"You heard me. By the way, why have you been texting me and hitting me up. Asking for us to hang out and shit. Talking to me like we're friends?" I cross my arms. "Cause I never got an answer from you. First," I held up a finger. "you threaten me cause I was at Rivers then we're suddenly friends?"