chapter: thirty five

Walking up in Rivers driveway made my stomach turn. More than usual cause I feel like I'm on some stalking shit at the moment from all the encounters I've had with her.

"Why am I forgetting my skateboard all the time when it comes to her. I never do this." I said to myself as I walked up the driveway and to Sophie's car. "If this is fates way of saying something then I'm just gonna have to ignore the call."

Looking in her car, I saw my board in the backseat and smiled as I grabbed the handle and tried opening it but it wouldn't open.

"You're kidding." I look up at the sky. "This isn't funny." I groaned before looking over at the house.

I walked to it, making sure I was taking light steps and not making so much noise. I was hoping that I would at least run into Sara to tell her I left my board in the car and not encounter anyone else.

But when I stopped at the door, I heard yelling and things being thrown around. It sounded like glass shattering on the walls and nothing but screaming, which scared me so I backed up.

I ended up slipping on the steps and landed on my ass.

Before I could stand up, the door opened and Sara walked out before stopping when she saw me. I slightly smiled before getting up and dusting my hands on my jeans.

"I forgot my board in your moms car"

She nods then slowly shuts the door as the screaming was intensifying. I watch as she looks towards the door then back at me. "Wait here. I have to get the keys."

When she opened the door, the noises were louder and that's when I saw a glimpse of River in the hall and she saw me also before the door closed.

I walked away from the house and towards the car. I leaned against it and waited for Sara to walk back out so I can leave and not make it anymore awkward.

After a few minutes, Sara walks back out and towards her car. I saw her unlock it and I opened the back door to grab my board before shutting the door back. "Thanks. Sorry for coming over like this."

She locks the doors and looks at me. "It's ok."

Looking towards the house, the yelling had stopped and I saw Sara looking at me. "Well, I'm gone."

"See ya."

Walking towards the sidewalk, I sighed before tossing my boarding down and getting on it. I looked towards the house one more time before kicking off and riding down the street away from all of this.

-

"We should go out." Mom said as she was washing dishes.

I was sitting at the table with a notebook in front of me. I was doodling cause I was bored out of my mind with nothing to do.

"Where?" I ask.

She looks at me and smiles. "Just a girls day out. Does that sound nice?"

Smiling, I nodded. I really haven't spent time with mom in a while and work seems to be pulling her away from spending time with any of us.

Eli and dad were out doing their own thing and it was just us here at the house.

It was in the afternoon and it was the perfect day to do something with my mom.

I love spending time with her when we get the chance. She's fun to be around and she acts like a teenager sometimes.

"Let me go get ready and we'll head out." She smiles as she finishes up the dishes then walks out the kitchen.