chapter: ten

"When am I going to meet this girl?" I ask Eli as we were sitting at the Café eating lunch. It was around noon on a Friday and Eli wanted to come eat lunch for his break.

Which I find funny that he spent a few minutes leaving here to come pick me up then coming back for his lunch, and now after lunch is over, he has to come back here again.

Eli told me he's been texting and calling Naomi, which makes me really happy for him but I want to meet her. I know he's a little nervous about mom and dad finding out but I wasn't going to run my mouth.

"Not sure. Maybe next week?"

"Come on, bro. You've been seeing this girl for almost a week. I'm your sister. I have to wait?"

He chuckles then shakes his head before taking a bite of his burger. I watch as it was dripping with mustard from the bottom and I looked down at my chicken nuggets.

I pop a nugget in my mouth before looking back at him. His eyes were wandering around the Cafe then I saw them stop and get wide as he was staring at something.

"What are the odds that woman is here?"

Looking at him, I turn my head and saw River standing at the counter with someone. I kept looking at her as she had her arms crossed, looking around the Cafe.

The person that was standing next to her was the woman from the bar that night. I knew it was her cause of her dark hair, even if she was facing the other way.

"Is that the woman that came in the bar screaming?"

I look back at Eli as he was watching them and I shrug as I popped another nugget in my mouth. "Why are you so interested?"

He looks at me and gives me a look. "I think you meant yourself, Jess." He chuckles. "I've seen the way you've been eyeballing her."

I look down at the table and grab his fork from his side. I unwrap it since it was wrapped in a special napkin, then held it up for him to see.

"See this? This is the weapon I'm going to stab you with."

"You can't kill someone with a fork."

I raised an eyebrow. "Wanna test that theory?"

His eyes looks somewhere then quickly averts away. I turn my head in time to see them walking to a nearby table and sitting down.

Which was only about ten feet away from us.

Looking away, I picked up another nugget and saw Eli watching me the whole time. I gave him a look as he was glancing over at them every few seconds and although it was tempting, I prevented myself from doing so.

Eli was making it obvious that we were sitting here and why he was doing so, I have no idea.

But I was a few seconds away from killing him.

Should of never said anything to him in the first place about her. I knew that I wouldn't hear the end of it til the day I die.

After a few minutes, I glance over at the table and saw they were holding hands across the table. I looked a little longer and noticed that the woman had her hand over Rivers, but she had that expression on her face like she always does.

Plus, she wasn't hold her hand back.

Eating lunch there was impossible. I kept glancing over at them every once in a while and they were talking. I didn't even want her to look around and notice me sitting a few feet away.

It's like we've seen each other too much lately.

And quite frankly, it's getting weird.

"How do you feel about running into her?" Eli whispered as he leans over a little.