chapter: twenty nine

"Jesse!"

I smiled as I was being wrapped inside Jordan's arms before she released me and I could actually walk inside. I smiled at her as I followed her through the hall and into the living room where everyone else was.

"Kaylee is over on the couch. She's ready to meet you."

Smiling at her, I nod before walking through the living room and everyone instantly says my name once they saw me. I smiled at them before walking to the couch and seeing two women, who everyone else was surrounded, sitting on the couch.

"Kaylee?" Jordan says which makes the dark haired woman look over. "This is Jesse."

Kaylee smiles then stands up and walks towards me before pulling me into a hug. "I've heard so many things about you, Jesse. It's good to finally meet you." She steps back and holds out her arm towards the couch. "This is my wife, Cassidy."

We waved then I heard Alexis tell everyone that the food was ready and we could all eat.

Since I wasn't hungry, I sat on the chair as everyone else walked to the kitchen. I sighed as I sat there and thought about River, which at this point I couldn't help.

She's been on my mind ever since last night and I hardly slept cause of it.

Last night was just different.

She was different and I could see that.

After all the times I've seen her or ran into her, she always seemed in a different mood than last night.

A good different but I couldn't exactly pinpoint it.

"Jesse!" I heard my name then felt my body being crushed by Brailynn. She pulls me into a hug as she was sitting on me. "I knew you'd come."

"Wouldn't miss it. I wanted to meet Kaylee."

Brailynn smiles then looks around as a few people were still in the living room. "Yeah, she's cool. She acts like a kid though." She chuckles.

"I've heard." I smiled.

She finally got off of me and my organs were breathing now. I saw her sit on the arm of the chair and stare down at me for a few moments. "So, how's the woman problems?"

Giving her a confused look, I shrug. "What do you mean?"

"Remember that day you were over here and acting all.. not you?" I shrug as I really didn't remember. "I told you it had to be because of a woman, so.. did you figure it out?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Jesse." Brailynn chuckles. "I know how someone acts when it comes to crushes. I told you about my mom."

Looking at her, I heard someone's voice then saw Dana walk in with Julia behind her. I look back at Brailynn as she was looking at me, waiting for an answer. "I probably didn't feel good that day. I honestly don't remember."

She shook her head then looked around. "We're suppose to be best friends, Jesse."

"We are."

"Well, friends tell each other their secrets."

"I have no secrets to tell." I shrug.

I look away as I was watching everyone walk back in with a plate in their hands. I saw Jordan with Kaylee and I smiled as they sat down on the couch.

"Micah!" Brailynn yells.

Micah walks over and holds her finger over her lips. "You're too loud. Damn. Hey, Jesse." She smiles at me.