Chapter 1: Amigos

Italics = spanish
Bold = english

Key:
(Y/n) - Your name
(L/n) - last name
(S/c) - Skin color
(H/c) - Hair color
A/n - Author's note

"(Y/n), what are you doing?! Flip the tortillas, they're almost here!!"

"But mom, they're hot!!" You flinched when your fingers felt the hot pan.

"You're so useless to me! Get out of here if you aren't gonna help!!"

You pouted and left, crossing your arms. "I'm just nine and she's already telling me to burn myself..."

Your older brother, who was sitting on the couch, smiled. "She called you useless, haha."

"I don't see you doing anything!!!" Your mom said, understanding what your brother said.

You smiled. "Karma."

"Whatever."

You headed up the stairs and into your room. You were gonna stay here the whole time since you hated parties.

"(Y/n)!! Come greet the guests!!"

Dammit!!

You plastered on a smile and headed downstairs again. "Hello, how are you?"

"I'm fine, thank you!! What a polite young lady!" A woman with spiky blond hair was at the front door.

"Thank you."

"(Y/n), tell them that they're welcome anywhere."

Since your mom couldn't understand Japanese, she relied on you to translate and speak to. If only you didn't study Japanese, you wouldn't have to deal with your anxiety.

"Please come in, sit anywhere you'd like!!" Your eye twitched.

"Thank you, sorry for the intrusion!!"

"You're welcome here, no need for that!" You moved aside so they entered.

You sighed, already exhausted by one conversation.

"So, what your name?" She asked as her son and (possibly) husband sat beside her.

She patted the seat next to her and you sat down, staring curiously at Katsuki. He seemed to be younger than you.

"I'm (Y/n), please call me by my first name, it would be weird if you called me by my last name."

"I'm Mitsuki, and this is my son and husband, Katsuki and Masaru."

"A pleasure." You nodded your head in their direction.

"So, your Japanese is pretty good!"

"Thank you, I'm self-taught. Mom said we should learn it since we were moving here. Let's just say my brother was too lazy to learn."

"Hey! I don't know what you said but my instincts are telling me you made fun of me!" He exclaimed in English.

You laughed and turned back to Mitsuki.

"Do you know any other languages?"

"Spanish and English, I'm trying to learn French too."

"That's amazing!! I wish I could boast about Katsuki but..."

"Oi!! I'm amazing!!" He said, standing up.

Mitsuki laughed and ruffled her son's hair.

"Well, Spanish and English don't count since I grew up learning them."