Chapter 6: Escuela

(I'm busy with school rn)

Italics = Spanish
Bold = English

"I can't wait until you're gone," your brother said, grinning. "I can take your room!"

"Shut up, you won't take my room!" You replied, putting your clothes into your suitcase.

"Whatever, but mommy said I'll take your room, you can ask her if you want." He said with a smug face.

"Well, say goodbye to your anime buddy." You replied, a smile crawling itself on your mouth.

"Hmph." He placed his earbuds in. "I can watch anime by myself."

"Yeah right. And your stealing food at three am buddy, your 'I'm bored let's go annoy mom' buddy, and your sneaking food in church buddy."

"😭😭😭."

"🙄😀🖕."

"Don't be mean!!"

"🖕."

You left with that, heading off with your suitcase. Your brother sighed and followed after you. You hugged your mother goodbye though you were happy to know you were leaving her.

Living with her...was hard. It was toxic like she knew everything and she was always right. If someone would tell her that her child is traumatized, she'll bad-mouth them with you and your brother around.

If you forget that, it's almost like an ordinary family. You placed your suitcase in Shota's trunk and shut it close. Your mother sniffled and said goodbye.

Your brother pouted and frowned. "Visit, okay? Or else I'll eat your snacks."

"Don't eat my snacks, I better see them there when I get back."

You entered the passenger seat and buckled your belt, sniffling.

"If you're gonna cry it better be silent." Shota was not gonna put up with your bullshit.

"Don't be mean, Eraser Head!! My family may not be the greatest but they've raised me!!"

"Your family consists of your brother and mom." He rolled his eyes. "Besides, you won't stay there forever."

You punched Shota's arm harshly. "Watch your mouth, that's my family you're talking about. I know I won't stay there forever, but I might as well. I won't have time to see them once I become CEO."

"Whatever kid, that's not my problem."

"At least you can listen!!" You huffed. "I'll make sure to cut your paycheck."

He glared at you. "I've got students to handle AND do hero work at the same time. You think cutting my paycheck will benefit you?"

"My sadistic side is typing..."

"(Y/n), be serious for once."

"Ho ho, using my first name now? Should I call you Shota now?!"

"That's not how our culture works---"

"I know exactly how your culture works, Shota. I've studied my whole life."

"Whatever."

It became silent in the car. "I was kidding, you know that?"

"It didn't sound like a joke," he replied.

"Well, it was!! Geez, can't take a joke before starting world war three. Anyway, are your students nice?!"