(2) Run, Baby, Run

You can read ahead of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, and many more stories

You can read ahead of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Instagram: lydiarose_61

"Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one." —Pocahontas, 1995    

Word count: 2941 

***

***

MY mother stayed with me whilst my maids 'fixed' me up. She refused to let me be seen in the same outfit as earlier. She also insisted I had to be the talk of the kingdom so I had to look like an utter goddess. 

I always knew I had been blessed with beautiful features but I wouldn't say I was a goddess. That title was reserved for my mother and her alone. She was the most beautiful person I had ever seen. A true masterpiece. 

They poked, prodded, and peeled at my face and hair like I was a Barbie doll. She kept blabbering on about how I had to look perfect. Her watchful eyes never left my form. 

I spent three hours getting ready. I was so close to ripping my own hair out and plucking my eyelashes. How I managed to stay strong for so long is still unknown to me.

"Oh my gosh, Libby," My mother whispered, breathless. She dabbed the corners of her eyes carefully, gobsmacked by my appearance. Since I was her only daughter, she wanted me to love fashion like her. She adored dressing up for people and wished I was the same. It was moments like this her dream came true. 

"What? Do I look terrible?" I joked, more for myself than anybody else.

"You look so beautiful," She gushed, her voice filled with awe.

She looked so proud of me at this moment. She had never looked at me like that before. Despite hating my predicament and my mature age, I still wanted her love and affection. Whenever she offered to give it to me, I took it greedily.